Prague trip with the Mrs

mason

Central Defender
Thinking about taking the Mrs to Prague for a city break.

Anyway what is there to do for couples etc. Any recommendations on restaurants and places to stay?

Cheers in advance

We went with jet2 a couple of years ago and stayed at Park Inn . It’s a really nice hotel about 15 minutes walk from the Charles Bridge or 2 minutes by tram from the stop on the corner .
We did a walking tour of the city , just spent time wandering around and exploring. I just really looked at the top things to do on trip advisor and picked things we wanted to see.
lots of nice places to eat and drink , on our last night we went for a meal on a jazz boat which was canny .

The park on the other side of the river overlooking the town is worth a visit. The best thing to do is to just wander around and see what interests you.

With regard to restaurants; unfortunately Prague is not, in my experience, a place that will delight gourmands. That being said, Lokál on the corner of Dlouhá and Rybná serves pretty good and inexpensive traditional Czech food.

Anyway what is there to do for couples etc. Any recommendations on restaurants and places to stay?

Cheers in advance
gan to Krakow instead mate, was there last week and Prague a few years ago...very similar but Krakow got more to see

Went with my ex about 20 years ago. Great City, loads to see, especially the birds.
Couple of tips:
  • Don't get a taxi, they are robbing gits. I was just staying about 2km from the centre and we got a taxi from Wenceslas square to the hotel, except this tosser decided to drive around the outskirts of the city, as I watched the meter go past 60euros...cost us nearly 80 in the end. Big bugger mind, didn't argue.
  • Pickpockets are everywhere, the city is well known for it especially on the trams and outdoor restaurants.
  • Beer - Even 20 years ago it was £3 a pint in the main square, but walk a little bit and there are plenty of little cafes and bars that charged 9p for a decent bottle of beer. The tiny café by the foot of old quarter stairs up to the castle.
  • Walk/bike - it's easily do-able as the City isn't huge and bike hire just cannot be expensive, probably a good idea if you want to shed a few pounds or sweat off that beer, cos it's absolutely friggin baking out there, not right now, obviously.

Cheers in advance

I was there last summer, we did a walking tour and then picked bits of that we wanted to have a look at further, if you’re going to go into the cathedral go early, we didn’t get in because the queue was mental.

As others have mentioned the main square isn’t cheap but there’s plenty of cheaper places as you move away from there. I think the cheapest round I bought was a beer and a white wine for about £3.50.

Letna Park is the one that overlooks the city

If you are staying in Prague there is aLmost no need for a taxi the underground will get you to pretty much anywhere you are likely to go - but on a weekend you won’t leave the central area. When I lived there AAA and Profitaxi were the 2 reputable ones.

Food isn’t great - but il bodega de medio is worth a visit (Cuban with live music downstairs)

I reccommend Stejkarna for bait. A steak restaurant a short Uber ride away from the city centre. Lovely place.

Back