Prague trip with the Mrs

Dont get robbed within 20 mins of landing as we did.
Been allover but hated the place after that (gypo pickpockets on tram).
You've been unlucky.

Prague came across as fairly safe to me.

The only dodgy thing I really noticed were a couple of wekk known dodgy bars, still there after a 19 year gap as well.
Thinking about taking the Mrs to Prague for a city break.

Anyway what is there to do for couples etc. Any recommendations on restaurants and places to stay?

Cheers in advance

Theres been a lot said about things to do within Prague.

You might try spending time outside Prague if you're there for more than two days.

Cesky Krumlov and a few other places are a simple train ride away. Pilzen is a couple of hours there and back.
Novel I guess is the sex machines museum for a laugh, however, one of our party flatly refused to go in so I didn't get a look round.

Last edited:
You've been unlucky.

Prague came across as fairly safe to me.

The only dodgy thing I really noticed were a couple of wekk known dodgy bars, still there after a 19 year gap as well.

Theres been a lot said about things to do within Prague.

You might try spending time outside Prague if you're there for more than two days.

Cesky Krumlov and a few other places are a simple train ride away. Pilzen is a couple of hours there and back.
Novel I guess is the sex machines museum for a laugh, however, one of our party flatly refused to go in so I didn't get a look round.

Cesky krumlov is more a summer place it's awful this time of year, kutna hora or Pardubice would be better now

Cheers for your tips everyone.

Managed to get booked for 4 nights at the end of april, booked flights and hotel seperate for 450 all in.

Whats the best way to get from the airport to your hotel?

Managed to get booked for 4 nights at the end of april, booked flights and hotel seperate for 450 all in.

Hire a car? Will also give you options if you don't want to stay in the city every day. TBF the cost of hiring one for 4 days is probably cheaper than hiring taxis.

Hire a car? Will also give you options if you don't want to stay in the city every day. TBF the cost of hiring one for 4 days is probably cheaper than hiring taxis.

It's a tiny city with a good and cheap public transport network. No point hiring a car.

You can get the bus from the airport to the Metro then head off towards your digs. Takes about half an hour or something in total iirc.

It's a tiny city with a good and cheap public transport network. No point hiring a car.

You can get the bus from the airport to the Metro then head off towards your digs. Takes about half an hour or something in total iirc.

Airport express bus is 2quid direct to the main station, it's 10 min walk to the old town square or 15 to Wenceslas Square no way would I be booking a 30quid taxi or hiring a car and paying parking prices

Uber! 360 CHZ - so about 12 quid. I stayed at Corinthia Hotel (was running a course from there). Not recommending it....but if you google map (Walking) directions between there and Charles Bridge the stretch along the river has loads of boats/tankers converted into bars. Seemed largely locals rather than tourists and a good atmosphere. Enjoy.
Uber! 360 CHZ - so about 12 quid. I stayed at Corinthia Hotel (was running a course from there). Not recommending it....but if you google map (Walking) directions between there and Charles Bridge the stretch along the river has loads of boats/tankers converted into bars. Seemed largely locals rather than tourists and a good atmosphere. Enjoy.

Taking Uber From/To Prague Airport
If you arrive at Terminal 1, take the Exit D or E and walk over two crossings to Parking Area P1. From Terminal 2, take the escalator upstairs to the Departures Hall and use Exit D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about taking the Mrs to Prague for a city break.

Anyway what is there to do for couples etc. Any recommendations on restaurants and places to stay?

Cheers in advance

Sex park. I couldn’t find it last time I was there but it’s meant to be multiple levels of debauchery

finally got around to booking Prague

question for those that have been....how did you get from airport to city centre..????

Last edited:

Back