PPI

I put in after reading a thread @Dave Herbal put up a couple of months back. Like many, I always ticked the box saying I didn't want PPI but somehow Lloyds came back saying 2 accounts I'd had were affected. The basic amount was only a few hundred quid each but then they rolled up interest and compensation and it came to over £5k. Worth it for a speculative punt that took around 15 minutes to send off to all the lenders. It came in very timely as it more or less covered the cost of a new boiler we were getting fitted.

£12k from a Natwest credit card I had for about 10 years and managed pretty badly. Another 2.5k from an Hsbc Loan and 1.5k from a Tesco bank credit card. So £15k all in. I may well have lived beyond my means in my 20s and early 30s :oops:

I put in after reading a thread @Dave Herbal put up a couple of months back. Like many, I always ticked the box saying I didn't want PPI but somehow Lloyds came back saying 2 accounts I'd had were affected. The basic amount was only a few hundred quid each but then they rolled up interest and compensation and it came to over £5k. Worth it for a speculative punt that took around 15 minutes to send off to all the lenders. It came in very timely as it more or less covered the cost of a new boiler we were getting fitted.
Sounds like the plumber was a bigger crook than the bank.

Sounds like the plumber was a bigger crook than the bank.
We also had a few new radiators fitted, new shower pump, a lot of pipework etc. They were very much in line with other quotes we had and there were 3 or 4 working on it most days for best part of 2 weeks. They also fitted that Nest thermostat and controller which is brilliant.

Last edited:
We also had a few new radiators fitted, new shower pump, a lot of pipework etc. They were very much in line with other quotes we had and there were 3 or 4 working on it most days for best part of 2 weeks. They also fitted that Nest thermostat and controller which is brilliant.
So you got a new boiler and shit loads of other stuff done sounds reasonable, what you posted sounded f***ing ridiculous.

Think the Mrs got about £400 about 6 ur ago. Fook knars what for cos she’s never borrowed nowt!

Mortgage? A bank account that charges a monthly rate for perks like cheap travel insurance?

Mortgage yes, but the PPI offered was from a 3rd party. Got 1st 6 months free then cancelled DD. I checked that the payments matched what I should be paying at the rate/term/loan size were correct.

Paid for premium bank account, never had.
Also have Credit cards, but never paid a penny in interest or fees.

I got £18000 back and still waiting for 1more claim. Was paying insurance on mortgage and c card. Just thought I would stick claim in see if owt happened and because I was self employed from 2000 policy was a waste of time. About half of money back is interest on what you have paid

£0

I did send letters off but nothing came back.

The only one I know I definitely did have was on a mortgage in the 90's. I have written to the company but they claim they can't find my policy and I don't have the paperwork anymore.

£0

The only one I know I definitely did have was on a mortgage in the 90's. I have written to the company but they claim they can't find my policy and I don't have the paperwork anymore.
Give it to a company to sort out then. Nowt to loose but possibly lots to gain
£0

I’ve submitted through a company called FAIR TRADE PRACTICE who someone mentioned on here. Recommend a friend and we get a voucher or something if you want ?

Last edited:
Give it to a company to sort out then. Nowt to loose but possibly lots to gain

I’ve submitted through a company called FAIR TRADE PRACTICE who someone mentioned on here. Recommend a friend and we get a voucher or something if you want ?

Yes I might as well give it a go.

Easy as owt to check with Barclays. Fill in this form if you’ve had any lending with them in the past and they’ll write to you, form takes no more than five minutes. Complaints have to be logged by 28th (I think) so do it fast.
Barclays denied all knowledge of me. I’ve had one loan in my life and it was from them in 1993. Twats.

Back