PPI

45% of the repayment went toward the PPI payment?
Pretty straight forward put like that. But I was only paying about £280 a month I think.
Christ just did the maths!!! £16k I paid. Long time ago it was to start me up in business so looking at it that way it’s been worth it.
I really don't expect anything but who knows
Away the E PPI NG.

Last edited:
I've applied loads of times on the off chance and always been declined. Until last week when I get a cheque for 50 odd quid direct from Barclays. Woopy f***ing doo.

Seems I was too tight to pay for protection in the first place. Gutted now that it's turned into a saving scheme.

45% of the repayment went toward the PPI payment?
Your settlement includes interest and other add ons too. Still sounds a lot proportionally.

I’ve had loads of credit over the years but was always quite savvy so never took any of the PPI that I can remember. Still chucked a no win no fee one in a few weeks back on the off chance.

If chased my banks years ago but only sent a letter or two and gave up.

Your settlement includes interest and other add ons too. Still sounds a lot proportionally.

I’ve had loads of credit over the years but was always quite savvy so never took any of the PPI that I can remember. Still chucked a no win no fee one in a few weeks back on the off chance.

If chased my banks years ago but only sent a letter or two and gave up.

My understanding is one of the methods of bumping up the PPI payment is stating that it’s compulsory or highly recommended if the applicant had a poor credit rating. It’s why some folk agreed to PPI at nearly the same monthly fee as the loan repayment.

Easy as owt to check with Barclays. Fill in this form if you’ve had any lending with them in the past and they’ll write to you, form takes no more than five minutes. Complaints have to be logged by 28th (I think) so do it fast.

Back