PPI

Alan BStard

Striker
I know PPI has been done to death on here but now we're into the last month its worth a final mention.

I was absolutely, utterly 100%, convinced it didn't apply to me so never bothered until recently my daughter said she was claiming and she would get a referral fee if I had a go - so just to go along with that I did.

Turned out our mortgage and a business loan back in the 90's applied - both long paid off - and I scored an extremely decent payout just into five figures. And I've still to reclaim £1600 from HMRC for tax applied.

Yes I've had to pay the agents fee but considering I was expecting nothing it was a handy exercise.

So, if you haven't looked into it yet I suggest it may be to your benefit to do so while the door is still open.

It costs nowt to do it yourself and these companies do nothing other than send templated letters and ring etc on your behalf. Not having a go obviously, just some advice for others who may not have tried to claim yet.
If the claim is with your existing bank they won't charge a fee.

Something you simply shouldn’t have to claim. The banks know exactly what they’ve done and to who and should’ve been made to compensate to their punters
Said ages back if any of the parties in a manifesto said they would force banks to pay up they would surge ahead in the polls.

I have the forms to send away. Thanks for the reminder. I'm not expecting nowt mind.
Is this to do yourself out through a company that take a cut? I cannot understand anyone that goes through the company’s and pays a fee, I got over 3grand back a few year ago, just rang the bank and got the loan numbers and wrote them a letter,got the template of Martin Lewis site, cost me a stamp and they paid up

It costs nowt to do it yourself and these companies do nothing other than send templated letters and ring etc on your behalf. Not having a go obviously, just some advice for others who may not have tried to claim yet.
Did not see this, but spot on it cost nowt, don’t give your money away to a third party

Applied for this (to a company that paid out to relatives previously) and despite umpteen loans, cards and the like, had nowt back.

Everyone bar me gets £1000s. :evil:

I know PPI has been done to death on here but now we're into the last month its worth a final mention.

I was absolutely, utterly 100%, convinced it didn't apply to me so never bothered until recently my daughter said she was claiming and she would get a referral fee if I had a go - so just to go along with that I did.

Turned out our mortgage and a business loan back in the 90's applied - both long paid off - and I scored an extremely decent payout just into five figures. And I've still to reclaim £1600 from HMRC for tax applied.

Yes I've had to pay the agents fee but considering I was expecting nothing it was a handy exercise.

So, if you haven't looked into it yet I suggest it may be to your benefit to do so while the door is still open.
Who did you use? I too am convinced there’s nowt for me but my mate just did the same thing and turns out 3 owe him. Worth a shot but don’t want to do it myself.

Is this to do yourself out through a company that take a cut? I cannot understand anyone that goes through the company’s and pays a fee, I got over 3grand back a few year ago, just rang the bank and got the loan numbers and wrote them a letter,got the template of Martin Lewis site, cost me a stamp and they paid up
Aye its through a company. Got about a dozen different companies for them to check. I'm expecting nowt so happy to give them a % of nowt for doing it for me.

Back