PP - It's a very competitive League

That is true, he did add that we were creating the chances but not scoring. but it still poses the question... if other teams have a higher conversion rate than we do. Is that down to the players or his tactics?
Players. We did have a particularly high xg in that first run. If you’re creating the chances but you aren’t scoring them then it’s absolutely an indication the players on the end of the chances are letting you down (or that their keeper has had a blinder).
How? Do you not believe managers and players have more incentive to beat Sunderland than they do Burton or Northampton?
No not anymore. Maybe a season or two ago when us being here was a novelty. We’re no different to any of the others now in the eyes of other clubs.

Last edited:
It is a very competitive though. I understand the frustration over some comments he's made this week but there's no need to pick over every single statement he makes.

Pretty much every league in the world is very competitive man, its a pointless, cowardly thing to be coming out with. The national league is highly competitive, often teams come up from there and do canny in league two, he'd be saying the same if we were there. Fact is, regardless of how competitive the league is, a club this size with this budget should be winning it. If he thinks playing up how hard it is means he'll get an easier ride, hes wrong. His target is to get us promotion. Either get us looking likely to do it, actually up in the top two, quite swiftly or fuck off and let someone else try. I hope he's a hell of a lot now demanding behind the scenes than he sounds in every interview.

It is a very competitive though. I understand the frustration over some comments he's made this week but there's no need to pick over every single statement he makes.

That is the way it goes. If he was doing well we would be singing his praise. If he said he could walk on water we'd probably believe him. But when things are not going as expected, people are concerned we could be stuck in this league for many a season, can't blame them for exposing his faults.

Is this fucker spamming us with his f***ing depressing comments, the league will be competitive when we sit back in our own half with 5 defensive players when they only play one forward you f***ing gonk! Why give them a chance? we should be on the front foot from the off

We have competition all over the team??? WTF? Yes, we have a turd playing here, I have a similar turd on the bench to replace them with after 85 minutes if required.

Just fuck off man, you your back room staff, and take those wankers who own the club with you

Is this fucker spamming us with his f***ing depressing comments, the league will be competitive when we sit back in our own half with 5 defensive players when they only play one forward you f***ing gonk! Why give them a chance? we should be on the front foot from the off

We have competition all over the team??? WTF? Yes, we have a turd playing here, I have a similar turd on the bench to replace them with after 85 minutes if required.

Just fuck off man, you your back room staff, and take those wankers who own the club with you
He goes on about competition but really just slightly rotates his favourites - not even involving Neil and Diamond from the bench is ridiculous.

Bloody hell here we go - he's brought pressure on himself man.

Put yourself in his shoes. His comments will be scrutinised by supporters, teams and managers everywhere, and he has to tread a very fine diplomatic line. I'm sure he'd love to tell the media what he really thinks about some of the teams at this level but his words would be pinned to the changing room walls of our opponents, no team talk necessary.

Let's hold fire until we see our response to Tuesday, later today.

Put yourself in his shoes. His comments will be scrutinised by supporters, teams and managers everywhere, and he has to tread a very fine diplomatic line. I'm sure he'd love to tell the media what he really thinks about some of the teams at this level but his words would be pinned to the changing room walls of our opponents, no team talk necessary.

I was hoping to see a response on Tuesday from last Saturday. But i think that is where the problem stems from... while we were all disappointed with Tuesday's draw at Rochdale, he was happy.

No thanks, imagine being that horrible?

The evidence of us having a stronger squad is being at the top of the league table. The rest is just bullshit. It’s not more competitive for us than it is for Lincoln or Hull. It’s a sign that he knows he’s under pressure. Just shut up and win games Phil.

It seems less competitive for the teams above us. It’s just bullshit and excuse making. Every league is competitive because people compete. Ballsing up recruitment with bang average free transfer journeyman and not having a fluent system are enabling teams to compete against us far easier. That’s what we’re seeing sadly. You know I’ve been willing to give him games and give him a chance but the facts are we are regressing and dull.

And here’s Tom, spouting shite as per usual.

The league is not competitive in the slightest, it’s dreadful. The fact we are in this division for a 3rd consecutive season is absolutely unforgivable, and the club has failed on every single level in that period of time and continues to do so by not sacking yet another incompetent manager.

Take your tongue out of the owners arse, stop towing the party line and act like a real fan would if they were in your position, and challenge their decision making. The decisions these owners have made have been so detrimental to the future of our club, yet you continue to massage their ego- it’s embarrassing.

Boo hoo.....the Giggs to big for the Fooka, another rabbit in the headlights, another Juan whee has all the gear no idea, but little wonder when ye look at the clip of his employers eh?

And here’s Tom, spouting shite as per usual.

The league is not competitive in the slightest, it’s dreadful. The fact we are in this division for a 3rd consecutive season is absolutely unforgivable, and the club has failed on every single level in that period of time and continues to do so by not sacking yet another incompetent manager.

Take your tongue out of the owners arse, stop towing the party line and act like a real fan would if they were in your position, and challenge their decision making. The decisions these owners have made have been so detrimental to the future of our club, yet you continue to massage their ego- it’s embarrassing.

I'm convinced it isn't Tom Sloanes mind. I think at some point your regular WUMs realised that if they posted in a certain way it would get everyone thinking they were a club director and would make it even easier to wind people up. I bite at his comments sometimes, but I don't think it's Tom Sloanes sat there reading them, I think it's likely a WUM who has had several accounts wanking himself off at how successful his latest profile is

I'm convinced it isn't Tom Sloanes mind. I think at some point your regular WUMs realised that if they posted in a certain way it would get everyone thinking they were a club director and would make it even easier to wind people up. I bite at his comments sometimes, but I don't think it's Tom Sloanes sat there reading them, I think it's likely a WUM who has had several accounts wanking himself off at how successful his latest profile is
What a sad bastard.

Back