PowerPoint

No words, just pictures as a stimulus.

I have used this ethos for years now, and my presentations are always the ones that are remembered.

As an aside, I won a contract for a business intelligence system with a major pipeline company in the US a couple of years ago. MY PP presentation consisted sollely of these pictures:

Logon or register to see this image

dont put too much content on each slide.

bullet points only .. no fancy transitions. only pictures or graphics if relevant

I wouldn’t even put bullet points on it if the deck isn’t also functioning as a handout to refer to later. Only results in people reading them and losing you.

I suppose what I’m getting at is unless you have data you need to point out then slides are shit.

No words, just pictures as a stimulus.

I have used this ethos for years now, and my presentations are always the ones that are remembered.

As an aside, I won a contract for a business intelligence system with a major pipeline company in the US a couple of years ago. MY PP presentation consisted sollely of these pictures:

I recognise that top one.
Wasn't that the first photograph is history of a human being, but you have to really study it to spot them

If you're using recent/o365 version just get all the images you want to use and drag them onto a slide in a new presentation, it will pop up a bunch of design suggestions and you can just pick whatever then hoy the text on

I recognise that top one.
Wasn't that the first photograph is history of a human being, but you have to really study it to spot them
It was.

The shoe shiner and his customer. But there's more to it than meets the eye. There are probably hundreds of people in that picture but as it was a ten-minute exposure they can't be seen. So the shoe shiner was almost certainly put there by Daguerre and paid to stand still for ten minutes.

It was.

The shoe shiner and his customer. But there's more to it than meets the eye. There are probably hundreds of people in that picture but as it was a ten-minute exposure they can't be seen. So the shoe shiner was almost certainly put there by Daguerre and paid to stand still for ten minutes.
I thought it just happened that the shoe shiner and his customer were in the same spot for enough of the ten minute exposure period to show up because that was when the shoes were getting shined, you can't see the shiner's arms properly or the customer's head as they weren't held still.

At least one slide should contain an image of one of these three things:

a) a topless or bikini clad Jo Guest (or similar glamour model)
b) a man showering with a dog (preferably but not necessarily his own). Man inferred to be naked, dog at least semi-clothed.
c) a pineapple, sweetcorn, caper and anchovy pizza

For both a) and b), shout "Good lord, I don't know how that got in there" and fumble about for at least 90 seconds trying and failing to change the slide. For c), depending on preference, either vomit or salivate profusely.

as said less is more with simple bullet points.

I do loads of presentations and use one of these (cheaper models available) link

One less thing to worry about when you are presenting

as said less is more with simple bullet points.

I do loads of presentations and use one of these (cheaper models available) link

One less thing to worry about when you are presenting

We've got one of them at work. Really useful if you move around while presenting or if the PC is in an awkward place.

Back