Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Had an up and down time in the gym recently as I have had some back problems but tried a new approach last week with stretches, yoga and walking and it felt better. Got back in the gym this week and had a fantastic week lifting. So much so I am aiming to get up early tomorrow morning and get in there before others arrive.

And a few lines of erm pre workout

This is actually true
:)Just needs a bit of milk thistle and some creatine.

:lol:.

Well, there's that side of it to. I was more referring to holding the body together whilst trying to peak. They're already so strong that a peak can easily see your hamstring, bicep etc detach.

Last edited by a moderator:
He still has his sticking point just around the knees that could stop him but even so Eddie's 501 was with a deadlift suit so that's the biggest "raw" deadlift ever I believe.

Eddie also nearly died pulling 500 imo that was just Thor's training max.

He is just incredible like. I'm pleased that the elephant bar is a separate record like, allowing Eddie to hold the record for a while yet. The Arnold's is going to be really interesting this year, both for the deadlift and the competition overall.

My trap bar deadlift PB is 190kg. Gonna push for my 200kg next weekend.

Got my bench PB of 90kg last night after doing a three round spar (boxing), chest biceps and abs set at the gym, and a 30 min incline walk on the treadmill. It went up piss easy. Gonna push for 95kg during this week.

Had 3 weeks off as been in Sri Lanka with the wife and daughter. Had to deload by 30% which hurt. Did my first session since being back thinking I'd piss it but it was absolutely brutal!!

are hyper extensions for back ?
started squats (dont think doing them right as feel in quads not glutes??) , deadlifts and hip bridges - im assuming hip bridges and glute brisges are same

was in bad bike crash few weeks back and still getting pain in hip/pelvis - told need to start programme to strengthen hip and glutes , sit all day so always had weak glutes which isnt ideal

are hyper extensions for back ?
started squats (dont think doing them right as feel in quads not glutes??) , deadlifts and hip bridges - im assuming hip bridges and glute brisges are same

was in bad bike crash few weeks back and still getting pain in hip/pelvis - told need to start programme to strengthen hip and glutes , sit all day so always had weak glutes which isnt ideal
I do hyperextensions everytime I'm in the gym. Quite common practice when following a olympic lifting plan.

Back