Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
I got a deadlift bar back in August to help with my form. Found I struggled to fit more than 120kg on it because I only had 4 cast iron plates (all 10kg) and my vinyl ones were too thick. I have invested in a pair of 25kg plates and I’ve got 120kg on it with plenty of space to spare. Smashed 5x5 at 130kg (including 10kg for the bar) tonight nae bather!

I got a deadlift bar back in August to help with my form. Found I struggled to fit more than 120kg on it because I only had 4 cast iron plates (all 10kg) and my vinyl ones were too thick. I have invested in a pair of 25kg plates and I’ve got 120kg on it with plenty of space to spare. Smashed 5x5 at 130kg (including 10kg for the bar) tonight nae bather!
do you mean a trap bar? If it takes olympic plates I'd imagne it weighs a fair bit more than 10kg.

do you mean a trap bar? If it takes olympic plates I'd imagne it weighs a fair bit more than 10kg.
It’s 1” plates it takes. It’s a Mirafit one but I got it on eBay, the description said 10kgs but it does potentially feel heavier.

I also count my 7’ straight bar as 7.5kg for the same reason but I’m pretty sure it’s 10kg.

I could probably weigh them both on the scales I use for weighing my Homebrew grain out.

I’d rather under state my lifts rather than overstate them in case I end up in a real gym and showing myself up.

Last edited:
It’s 1” plates it takes. It’s a Mirafit one but I got it on eBay, the description said 10kgs but it does potentially feel heavier.

I also count my 7’ straight bar as 7.5kg for the same reason but I’m pretty sure it’s 10kg.

I could probably weigh them both on the scales I use for weighing my Homebrew grain out.

I’d rather under state my lifts rather than overstate them in case I end up in a real gym and showing myself up.
this one?

16kg.

this one?

16kg.
No, it’s this one:

It doesn’t state the weight here

No, it’s this one:

It doesn’t state the weight here
i'd guess at 20kg for that thing. Looks like it takes a fair bit of ROM out

i'd guess at 20kg for that thing. Looks like it takes a fair bit of ROM out
It’s not any higher off the ground than my 20kg vinyl and 25kg cast iron plates. I went for that one 1) because it was on eBay brand new for £50, and 2) I’m going to incorporate farmers walks etc into my accessories session in the summer (although I’ll probably look daft walking up our “shared driveway”) which looks straight in to a main road.

Just getting a gym set up in my garage, got myself soon iron weights that look about 30 years old but they're solid, a bar and some bumpers, just need a good rack that has a heavy duty rating.

Going to the gym is difficult at the minute with the little shits wanting attention....
Also after some chains and bands if anyone wants to sell me them..

Last edited:
Just getting a gym set up in my garage, got myself soon iron weights that look about 30 years old but they're solid, a bar and some bumpers, just need a good rack that has a heavy duty rating.

Going to the gym is difficult at the minute with the little shits wanting attention....

I've got some heavy duty squat stands that I bought off @oROSSo a while back if they are any good to you

:lol:

As if you're fertile.

Back