Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Powerlifting is like golf, on team sports we can all find our niche and be good at something but individual sports basically goes like this.

You get better but it's never good enough, so make peace with that before you even start lol, it's common when you tell a powerlifter how strong they are they'll instinctively tell you who's stronger than them, just look at @Charmless Man who can't forget about me.

Who are you?

Have you ever done a competition yet, are you even still lifting or have you retired with @oROSSo to do "cardio"

I'm still training but my body can't really handle the volume needed to get any stronger total is about 700kgish with a peak but that's pretty much my limit I think without quitting my job.
Barely do that anymore, might just embrace the flab

Have you ever done a competition yet, are you even still lifting or have you retired with @oROSSo to do "cardio"

I'm still training but my body can't really handle the volume needed to get any stronger total is about 700kgish with a peak but that's pretty much my limit I think without quitting my job.

I am still lifting aye. I’m literally between sets of DB press as I type this :lol:

Although 2 knee ligament injuries I got as a teenager are starting to give me grief now the clock has ticked over to 30 years.

Much more focused on general fitness and mobility now.

Anyone have much experience of the Wendler 531 stuff?

Specifically Boring But Big with the 13 week challenge.

Hit a git massive brick wall with a couple of PPL splits and started to go backwards now.

Anyone have much experience of the Wendler 531 stuff?

Specifically Boring But Big with the 13 week challenge.

Hit a git massive brick wall with a couple of PPL splits and started to go backwards now.
Yeah. I’ve been doing the 5/3/1 since the gyms reopened a few months back. Added 40kg to my deadlift and 30kg to my squat. I don’t bench press but I will be using it for my OHP once the tendonitis in my upper arm heals and I expect similar gains.

Just follow the plan. Suffice to say, it works.

Fucked up this morning. Was going for a pb on deads, 130kg 3x8, reps 1-6 flew up, rep 7 for some reason lifted my arse too soon and whole weight went on my back, pulled something immediately, deads over. Really annoyed with myself.

Fucked up this morning. Was going for a pb on deads, 130kg 3x8, reps 1-6 flew up, rep 7 for some reason lifted my arse too soon and whole weight went on my back, pulled something immediately, deads over. Really annoyed with myself.
Never been a fan of high rep deads, the chance of injury while fatigued is massive
Only do sets of 10 during my warm ups, then it’s max of 5

Never been a fan of high rep deads, the chance of injury while fatigued is massive
Only do sets of 10 during my warm ups, then it’s max of 5
Started X-Fit when the gyms originally opened after lockdown but been working to a specific training plan.

Since following the specific routine, my Squat / Bench / Deadlift have all went up quite significantly and I was encouraged to hit a rep range of around 5-6 Reps, It definitely suits me best anyway.

DL up to 170 now for 5.

Back