Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Well done fella - keep at it.

Has anyone used visualisation as a strategy and do you feel like it contributed to ultimate success?

I upped it to 145kg after a little warm up before doing any other sets on Sunday. Gonna try 150kg this Sunday and aim to up it by 5-10kg each week inevitably I'll hit a barrier and be stuck for a bit though but its all about the process init

Well done fella - keep at it.

Has anyone used visualisation as a strategy and do you feel like it contributed to ultimate success?
Yes and it helps in the gym, when you do your first comp your going to be so stressed you feel like you're having an out of body experience :lol: for the comp just find a pre lifting routine and stick to it religiously.

Week 6, final one of the programme last week- 160kg deadlift on the Friday. Got it on the third attempt, needed chalk on my hands as I was sweating like an orange jumpsuited hostage in front of a handycam
Reset for another 6 weeker, 165 is the goal this time

Week 6, final one of the programme last week- 160kg deadlift on the Friday. Got it on the third attempt, needed chalk on my hands as I was sweating like an orange jumpsuited hostage in front of a handycam
Reset for another 6 weeker, 165 is the goal this time

Great work sir, was thinking of you this morning as it was deadlift day for me. Great grit to get it on the third too - I imagine most would have given up!

Great work sir, was thinking of you this morning as it was deadlift day for me. Great grit to get it on the third too - I imagine most would have given up!
Thanks fella! I got to 160, failed the 1st 2 lifts then thought "I've put the last 6 weeks into this f***ing moment, so I'll be fucked if I'm not getting this up!" tbh it flew up after that!

Need some new whey, usually stick to gold standard and have it in the morning simply to help me hit my protein macros.

With this in mind, is there any real benefit of switching to casein, never used it but will it keep me fuller for longer?

Need some new whey, usually stick to gold standard and have it in the morning simply to help me hit my protein macros.

With this in mind, is there any real benefit of switching to casein, never used it but will it keep me fuller for longer?
Got some of that Whey Isolate stuff off my protein recently and seems quite nice, got the bitter lemon one and tastes like pop, 20g protein per scoop. Can start getting a milky texture the longer you leave it in the bottle to drink like but I like it

I used to find it more satiating. Haven't bought casein in a good 6 years mind

Back