Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Just when you’re building momentum another hamstring problem strikes. Was already managing an elbow injury by exclusively using the safety bar for squats.

Think I might need to have semi-regular physio sessions if I want to get serious about being strong. Or just make an effort to warm up properly tbf.

Ah well, time to build the chest and fuck the rest for a bit.

Just when you’re building momentum another hamstring problem strikes. Was already managing an elbow injury by exclusively using the safety bar for squats.

Think I might need to have semi-regular physio sessions if I want to get serious about being strong. Or just make an effort to warm up properly tbf.

Get the fuck in

Are you 30 yet?

Also iirc you fly a desk now and you’re a coding monkey?

You’ll probably notice a deterioration in your overall fitness over the next few years. It gets worse when sprogs take over your life. At least you have been stronger than average.

Doubt it, I’m fitter than I have been since I was about 18.

My goals might well move more toward overall fitness if these little niggling injuries keep cropping up.

The elbow thing was completely unrelated to lifting mind. It was drinking related :lol:

Doubt it, I’m fitter than I have been since I was about 18.

My goals might well move more toward overall fitness if these little niggling injuries keep cropping up.

The elbow thing was completely unrelated to lifting mind. It was drinking related :lol:
The body cannot dispose of alcohol as effectively once you reach 26. By 36 you will have 4 day hang overs, if you aren’t already chronically incontinent by that age.

Felt summit pop in my back whilst on the hack squat a few days ago, been bedbound since, gutted, was right in the zone with consistent training and dieting.

Felt summit pop in my back whilst on the hack squat a few days ago, been bedbound since, gutted, was right in the zone with consistent training and dieting.

It’s annoying like but I’m more willing to work around things now.

With the elbow injury I mentioned above, still bothering me but in the past I’d be pissing and whingeing about it whereas now I just find the next best thing which is SB squats. Easy to have a goal with it as well... work at getting as near as possible to what I was doing with normal squats.

I haven't done any heavy lifting training for around 8 months now, have focused more on endurance. I want to get back into it though, and am looking at working 1 session per week to dedicate to it. I was thinking of using the 5x5 approach, but doing it with Clean and Press rather than OHP because I like the explosive power aspect, and I f***ing hate regular OHP. Does that sound like a decent enough programme?

Probably going to split it up to be:
Week A - Deadlift (5x1), Bent over Row (5x5), Bench press (5x5) (plus 3 sets of dips and pull ups);
Week B - Squat (5x5), C&P (5x5) (plus 3 sets of dips and pull ups). Farmer's walk as a finisher each week too.

Toying with the idea of drop sets on the final set of all of them bar deadlift as well. Thoughts?

Reduced my lifting to 2 sessions per week. Just too jacked up and tight the whole time...have replaced some of the sessions with stretching, and others with boxing or football.

I’m trying to cut down my weight but maintain as much strength as possible, while at the same time becoming more agile and have better movement.

I’m doing:

Pull ups - 10 sets per week
Bench press - 6 heavy sets per week
Leg press (heavy) & squat (light) - 10 press sets & 10 squat sets per week
Ab crunches & leg raises - 5 sets of each per week

Doing weighted dips today with a weight belt on, using the slightly larger circumferenced plates at work- jammed my cock between the plate and the chain (through my shorts ya wronguns)
Thought it had been nipped off, slightly freaked out- but only a slight squashing to it
Strength training is dangerous

Going to be benching 4 times a week over the festive period. It’s going to be absolutely minging.

Will just be maintaining on squat and deadlift. Honing technique with lighter weights etc’.

Going to be benching 4 times a week over the festive period. It’s going to be absolutely minging.

Will just be maintaining on squat and deadlift. Honing technique with lighter weights etc’.
I have been trying some different setups for deadlifting.

I watched a video where it advised to push down with the legs until the bar is just below the knee, then you use your posterior chain/hips to move the bar the rest of the way.

I wasn’t really feeling my legs firing until I tried a more narrow starting position and it made a big difference.

Back