Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Wew! Thought you were git shredded for some reason.

I’m in the peculiar position of having fairly visible abs along with some spectacular love handles :lol:

But I’ve been on a furious bulk for about a year since I dropped to twelve clem whilst writing my thesis.
Nah lol not bad probably think broc Lesner or Tom stoltman, i look canny when I cut carbs completely

I’ve done something untoward to my back whilst squatting last weekend

Didn’t feel a problem at the time but it got worse as Sunday wore on and it’s still not quite better. Had to just take some light squats today to keep doing the movement then use some leg machines to actually train them under some weight. Could barely deadlift during the week and can’t really arch on bench.

Probably not helped by me now being in a job where I’m on my arse all day.
Even if you’re an office worker, if you’re a biomechanically average, healthy adult then you are suited to doing squats.

;)

What’s everyone’s opinions on the differences, pros/cons of the hex bar and barbell for deadlifts?

Afaik the hex bar is mainly a way for people with back issues to deadlift safely?

Oh - my mate and former training partner has just taken 4th at the IPF worlds in his division - junior 83kg, bronze in squat as well.

Will be his last time as an 83 as the cut is becoming too much of a challenge in itself, he’s more naturally a 93 now he’s starting to get a lot bigger.

Means you're too much of a tank and need to slow your lifts down mate.

I used to get them in my forearms during my workouts, to the point where I could barely move my fingers due to loss of sensation, it stopped when I stopped working out.
Cheers, away for two weeks so having a break. Back to running now too so means I’m not lifting everyday

Cheers, away for two weeks so having a break. Back to running now too so means I’m not lifting everyday

I could be wrong btw but that's what I thought it would be. I got them when I was tanked up at 19 stone and the pump was unbearable in my forearms, could be down to circulation issues if you're hitting it hard, I would still get to the gp like.

Haven’t really been training OHP with any focus or frequency until the last few weeks but somehow managed to strict press 60kg for 12 today, beltless and no wrist wraps.

Given how weak I’ve been on that historically I can’t quite believe it.

Haven’t really been training OHP with any focus or frequency until the last few weeks but somehow managed to strict press 60kg for 12 today, beltless and no wrist wraps.

Given how weak I’ve been on that historically I can’t quite believe it.
Daft question but is it the same gym and weights?

I attend 2 different gyms, one had new plates today and I struggled with a lift that I regularly manage at the other gym, unless I have turned to poo over a week or so. Or I might have used the wrong plates lolz :eek:

Daft question but is it the same gym and weights?

I attend 2 different gyms, one had new plates today and I struggled with a lift that I regularly manage at the other gym, unless I have turned to poo over a week or so. Or I might have used the wrong plates lolz :eek:

Yeah I’ve been going to the same place since I moved back up.

I generally always try to use the same bar as well but obvs that isn’t always possible.

They have three that are the same brand and that I like better than the others. I sulk if I can’t get one.

Taking my time slowly building my based strength and general preparedness up to handle a prep for a meet.

Body is feeling good and well rested.

Taking my time slowly building my based strength and general preparedness up to handle a prep for a meet.

Body is feeling good and well rested.
You going to bpu British this year?

I've stopped pulling sumo completely now, conventional only after having form checked and being told long term I'll lift more that way.

Back