Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Sets of 5 with 100kg bar bell rowing this morning - all of my lifts have improved significantly over winter :) starting a weight / fat cut next week, have enjoyed this element of training...now looking forward to a more cardiovascular based 3-4 months :cool:

Sets of 5 with 100kg bar bell rowing this morning - all of my lifts have improved significantly over winter :) starting a weight / fat cut next week, have enjoyed this element of training...now looking forward to a more cardiovascular based 3-4 months :cool:
I think I'm going to keep going with the increased weight training for another month or so and then really up my cardio. I'm dreading that side of it to be honest.

I'm looking for a new routine. Anyone got anything they'd recommend? Can probably do two lifting days a week so ideally working whole body stuff rather than targeting areas.

Just popping in to say that 6 weeks after my first deadlift, I've lifted 100kg :eek:
Do you have long arms? Certain body shapes are better at certain exercises.

You should keep it up as you could be a natural.

I'm looking for a new routine. Anyone got anything they'd recommend? Can probably do two lifting days a week so ideally working whole body stuff rather than targeting areas.
The same routine that @becs is doing!

Do you have long arms? Certain body shapes are better at certain exercises.

You should keep it up as you could be a natural.

Just average length arms I think! I don't look like Mr Tickle.

I've got broad shoulders and strong thighs. I'm on my feet all day at work and often carry heavy stuff from my car into shops, so I guess I'm stronger than I thought from that.

Just average length arms I think! I don't look like Mr Tickle.

I've got broad shoulders and strong thighs. I'm on my feet all day at work and often carry heavy stuff from my car into shops, so I guess I'm stronger than I thought from that.
I wouldn't like to he rude and ask you this but depending on your age and weight that could be almost a national standard deadlift after 6 weeks.

Just popping in to say that 6 weeks after my first deadlift, I've lifted 100kg :eek:

Gerrup.

Genuinely - a male friend of mine who is 6’2 and 15 stone (albeit of flab) could barely manage 60 when I first got him to try.

I wouldn't like to he rude and ask you this but depending on your age and weight that could be almost a national standard deadlift after 6 weeks.

This - age dependent @becs could be pushing for Masters titles. @Titus should do some programming for her imo :lol:

And I’m not being rude by that, just knowing that you have University age kids means you are toward that age bracket.

Last edited:

Back