Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Beltless and sleeves paused double this week. Happy considering I didn't even have chalk and had to use a shit rack and bar

I'll post here to save starting a new thread.

I have a PT but due to my work shifts I can't see him much this week.

Looking at going alone this week and training body parts. Been suggest to do back and biceps as a group.

My question is what would be the most beneficial exercises for those 2 body parts, sets, reps etc. Thanks

I'll post here to save starting a new thread.

I have a PT but due to my work shifts I can't see him much this week.

Looking at going alone this week and training body parts. Been suggest to do back and biceps as a group.

My question is what would be the most beneficial exercises for those 2 body parts, sets, reps etc. Thanks
Bent over rows, cable pull downs, bent over fly's, hammer curls, barbell curls, preacher curls.

Sets and reps depends on what you're training for, start a thread will get more responses though ;)

had a week off the weights and cardio went back yesterday I'm in absolute bits today:neutral:
had to put the bar down training flat bench my triceps were wobbling all over the shop like bingo wings mid press, I was shitting myself :lol:

I'm ramping up the singles a bit more now, been doing a compound lifts every day but then moving on to bodybuilding for the rest of the routine to build a base, as a result I've gained a but if weight and now weigh 93kg but going to go on a cut down to 90kg and keep my routine as it is but add another compound at the end of the routine and also little bit cardio to finish.

If anyone is bored could they suggest something for me to do at my session tomorrow please?

The plan is:

Bench 5x5
-- ?? --
Squats 5x5
Tricep dips 3x12

Ideally I would throw in a 'pull' type move after the bench and I usually do bent over rows 5x5 or pulls/chins. However I've done rows twice this week and pulls ups/chin ups knack my shoulders.

Something with the cable thingies? Lat pulldown.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/main/popup/name/wide-grip-lat-pulldown

Back