Powergrid text message

I just got a text message from Powergrid to tell me they are working hard to restore my power supplies, Our power has not been off but I know it's still down in a few areas close to me, what I am wondering is how did they get my number? I've never called them and with GDPR I wouldn't think my electricity supplier would give them my number, it's a text message and does not allow replies, I can't even see the number that sent the message.
No links to any dodgy sites just "see our Twitter and Facebook pages or in an emergency call 105"

I just got a text message from Powergrid to tell me they are working hard to restore my power supplies, Our power has not been off but I know it's still down in a few areas close to me, what I am wondering is how did they get my number? I've never called them and with GDPR I wouldn't think my electricity supplier would give them my number, it's a text message and does not allow replies, I can't even see the number that sent the message.
No links to any dodgy sites just "see our Twitter and Facebook pages or in an emergency call 105"
I think it’s a National thing and the message is a mass message from your telephone provider on behalf of PG.

It would be better if they had staff working weekends, I get that we don't get storms like that often but teams of workers could do some of the work that gets done Monday to Friday, then staff would be available when needed, I don't get why they only work Monday to Friday, it's really an out of date way to run.

It would be better if they had staff working weekends, I get that we don't get storms like that often but teams of workers could do some of the work that gets done Monday to Friday, then staff would be available when needed, I don't get why they only work Monday to Friday, it's really an out of date way to run.
Drove down from Perth this morning and saw loads of NPG vans from Berwick south working on Power lines

I got that too. Sounds like a class action against Warren Buffet (if he still owns NEDL) on GDPR grounds. The bastards trying to restore people's electricity supply.

(@OP, I was also a bit baffled at how they had my number but happy that they did. Probably part of the Ts & Cs with your supplier.)

Spies, they’re everywhere.

Back