Power cut

Not a power cut but had no home internet for 2 days and scheduled to be another 2 before it's restored ffs.

I ran out of data yesterday, so no Internet. This being Uganda, I hired a boda-boda (motorbike taxi) rider to take my router into town with enough cash for 5GB. Worked smoothly, except the power went off for five hours just before he returned.

Some **** just crashed into the back of us in the queue for the eurotunnel. 2000 miles on the bastard car too.

Funny you should mention that. Apparently the Eurotunnel’s been closed. Some daft bastard trying to drive his car along the tracks and got rear ended by the train, derailing it.
f***ing SatNavs.

Was thinking the same thing :lol:
I'm not doing it for bragging purposes, believe you me. There's nothing to brag about. In fact, I'd rather not live there. When a place makes you this miserable, however, it does tend to take a central role in pretty much everything you do. My apologies if it has irritated you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you staying?
If I left I'd be breaking contract and it would basically be the end of my teaching career as would they fuck give me a reference, the twats.

:lol: not what I meant fella

I’d actually like to hear more about what you do, do you blog and stuff?
I've sent you a PM.

You have it easy, lived in a town in the Mekong delta, power off to half the town Saturday, other half Sunday. Trouble was the internet was fed from the other half. No power sat, then power back Sunday, but no internet. Luckily I liked drinking more than the internet back then, these days I’d be fuming.
Pretty sure our Saturdays are rolling brownouts, like. Which is a pain. Gonna be even worse in summer when it gets to 40 degrees + with no air-conditioning available. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I left I'd be breaking contract and it would basically be the end of my teaching career as would they fuck give me a reference, the twats.

I've sent you a PM.

Pretty sure our Saturdays are rolling brownouts, like. Which is a pain. Gonna be even worse in summer when it gets to 40 degrees + with no air-conditioning available. :lol:
Had that as well, was given a tip, buy a hammock when no power at night, you sweat less with full air circulation around you.

Back