Potential Forum Home Changes

Roger

Striker
I am considering making some changes to the forums home page to clean it up a bit and also to remove some of the white space on desktop browsers.

In my opinion, the number of Threads and Messages under each forum title is unnecessary - it might make sense on quieter forums than RTG - but here it is just two large numbers that we really don't need to brag about and ultimately is just superfluous information and clutter.

On desktop browsers there is a huge amount of white space on the home page, and I think it is better making this a 2 column list of the forums and a shorter page that needs less scrolling up and down (no changes to this on mobile/tablet devices as they aren't wide enough).

Only the forums home page is affected, not any of the threads/posts or forums themselves.

There isn't a dark version of the style or a Large Font version available for testing, but if I do roll this out it will apply to all of the light and dark styles.

I know people hate change, but if you would like to give me any genuine feedback you can test this layout by picking the "RTG Light 2021" Style from the style chooser at the foot of the forums or from here

Just tried it.

It immediately kicked me out and logged me off but I’m using an iPhone and in private browsing mode so this site does that regularly.

I could not see any difference by using the 2021 light style.

If it is changed people will get used to whatever changes very quickly.

I will try again tomorrow and see if I can see what’s different.

Looks much better 👍

Can the SAFCSA section be binned now? Would look better if that was gone.

Back