Posting URL's on here with Android phone and Chrome

B

becs

I can't post some URL links on here with Chrome using an Android Samsung Galaxy S21+. It's only some sites that this is happening on, in particular Twitter.

I copy the URL like normal, but when I press paste on here, nothing happens.

It won't let me paste URL's in normal messages and I can't paste image URL's when I want to insert a picture.

I'm on the most up to date version of Chrome and I've tried a phone restart, clearing the cache and forcing a stop, but none of that has helped.

Has anyone got a fix for this? Need it working for Tuesday night so I can do the match thread live from town.

It's just URL's.

I can copy and paste normal text.

I did try it in the crappy Samsung browser and it works fine on there, just not on Chrome.

Odd.

Am I right in thinking you normally just drop the URL into the edit box like you would with any other text?
ie. you aren't using any of the buttons at the top of the editor.

Suppose I'm posting a match day thread:

I'll view the SAFC tweet in chrome.
Hold my finger on the picture and select "open image in new tab"
Go to the new tab, hold my finger on the URL and press the copy icon. It pops up with "link copied".
Then go on here, open the picture box, hold my finger down and press "paste" and usually the link is pasted.

Only nothing happens when I press paste!

Have you tried posting it anywhere else apart from RTG? I am just wondering if the link is even copied correctly in the first place and there is actually anything to post.

I get the same issues as becs on occasion.

Get "link copied" but just comes up as nothing on here (ie I can't post the link).

The image I just pasted - disappeared into thin air, as in, I couldn't paste it on here (it was a space picture)

(but see below now)

So I copied the image into a new tab, then copied the URL and then I could paste it here.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Have you tried posting it anywhere else apart from RTG? I am just wondering if the link is even copied correctly in the first place and there is actually anything to post.

It doesn't work trying to post a copied URL it on Facebook but I can post it in the body of an email, or in a new browser tab.

Back