Post/Thread not highlighting/opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

groucho

Midfield
Reet. I posted this the other day on the SMB but av had nee joy

Av not read thru all the posts but surely I cant be the only one whos havin trouble opening some of the posts. On the ones I can open, when the cursor hovers over the thread it underlines it and starts to preview it in a loading bubble. On the ones that I cant open nothing happens at all even after I've clicked on the subject. I feel as tho I'm missing out :(

So i started to think mebes its a problem with me mouse or keypad. Well its not cos av tried other forums and everythings workin ok. Can anybody shed any light cos am gettin pissed off now like :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1376516223][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorted. The problem must be with Chrome. I've switched back to using Opera and everything is ok :confused:

Last edited:

Nope. Tried that and its made no difference. Looks like i'm stayin with Opera. Just seems strange as its the only forum I'm having this problem

and equally strange that me and I assume lots of others are using that version of Chrome without a problem.

Any plugins, ad-blockers etc installed?

Is it a touchscreen laptop?

I'm having the issue of no post preview using Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m, done all of the above, no joy - it is however a touchscreen laptop - is this an issue?

Yes, it is, Chrome defaults to turning the hover event off on a Windows touchscreen device.

Type chrome://flags into the address bar and if you scroll down you should see "Enable Touch Events" and "Touch Optimised UI" Set both of these to "Enabled" and it should fix things for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back