Post Scunny press interview

He should just say nowt. We all know failure when we see it.
Actually thats exactly what i thought tonight. I just thought to myself dont say a f***ing word, anyone. Get your kit, get on the bus, get home and dont even bother addressing the media or fans cos im done in completely with our club.

That’s not going to happen, it’s going to be them spending it.
Then it is all on SD, he has the power to change our fate as well as his own, January is massive if this season can be turned around, after that failure to go up or at least give it a bloody good shot won't bode well come renewal time, sub 15k if not lower, with that sort of figure I doubt we'd be sustainable.

Watched both interviews, something has been said in the dressing room, Leadbitter hinted on about small groups sticking together and need to pull in the right direction as a squad, did like what the lad said... no break for us and looking forward to coming into work and training no rest ect... Parkinson seemed annoyed, gave a few things about players playing through injuries and decisions not going our way but this has to be a wake up call for the players. Honestly would have most of them in for double training sessions nearly every day until our next game, the ones carrying injuries, knocks or ill wait until they recovered.

Watched both interviews, something has been said in the dressing room, Leadbitter hinted on about small groups sticking together and need to pull in the right direction as a squad, did like what the lad said... no break for us and looking forward to coming into work and training no rest ect... Parkinson seemed annoyed, gave a few things about players playing through injuries and decisions not going our way but this has to be a wake up call for the players. Honestly would have most of them in for double training sessions nearly every day until our next game, the ones carrying injuries, knocks or ill wait until they recovered.
Parkinson looked like a beaten man already imo very downbeat, not sure asking players to play through in this competition is very wise either.

Parkinson looked like a beaten man already imo very downbeat, not sure asking players to play through in this competition is very wise either.
Agree would of rather given some of the young lads a chance and let the players injured rest. Seemed to me more of a ffs what has gone on tonight interview rather than a bloke ready to give in or be beaten marra

Players and the hierarchy take the brunt of it for me, but when giving a manager a contract especially for two and a half years there should be certain safeguards in place at this level, if we are in the bottom half of the table after say 10 games you forfeit your contract to be paid up for instance, don't think you can do the job then don't take it just for the payout when you fail, being turned down by Stendel and Ainsworth would mean they knew something was up possibly? Owners or players not up for it like they should be possibly but who knows, I just know that the piss taking party never really stopped did it.

If what I was told is correct we offered Ainsworth a contract till the end of this season and he declined so we offered Parkinson one till end of the season. Parkinson also declined so we went back to Ainsworth to offer a longer one but because we has pissed him about so much he told us where to go so we were stuck with offering Parkinson a long term one.

That's off someone totally different I get my usual stuff from though so no idea if true or not.
Hill and Coton are primarily the ones I blame, like Short before him SD has entrusted the future of the club with people not up to the job, so ultimately he is to blame but what will he do about it? the first money of the American investment I would spend is giving these two their P45's.

Donald and Methven think they are both doing a fantastic job so doesn't look like they will be going anywhere.

That could also translate to 'if we sack them we haven't a clue who else to bring in' mind.

Last edited:

Back