Post Pandemic Customer Service

Sunderland afc ticket office been trying to ring them for two days sent an email to them 6 weeks and 4 weeks ago.

Very very poor customer services from our club up their with the worst at the moment if not the worst I’ve tried to contact in a long time.

Ticket office could have been open with even 2-3 staff in it would get used.

Found customer service in shops to be on the whole shite lately. Can clearly see a lot of places haven't got enough staff on.
Yeah. It cant just be blamed on home working. People in shops and face to face service has been just as bad as owt that could be attributed to home working.

I honestly think some people who were furloughed are plantef in a mindset where they are stuck in 2nd gear and cant really be arsed.

Likewise businesses who were asking for tolerance after the pandemic hit, asking customers to make allowances for service levels due to home working and furlough etc, just can’t snap out of it.
Wants restrictions but wants the same customer service levels. DOH.
Lol he’s back trawling the covid forum #obsessed

Last edited:
What infuriates me is, if you NEED assistance, it's always "we are experiencing a high number of calls. But we can help you better online or via our app.... for more information press 1. Or hold till an advisor becomes availiable".

Yet if you call the sales line they always have plenty of staff to take the call!

It was bad before covid.... it's terrible now

Had loads of nightmares with various places and their customer service over the past year. Yesterday I noticed an odd search on my credit report from a gambling website. I'm not a member of said website and the only gambling company I use on the rare occasion I do bet, has no affiliation with this company from my searching.

Tried to bell them today to find out if I've been ID frauded for some money laundering attempt or something. Phones down for maintenance until August. Live chat says because it's a sensitive issue to email the customer service email. The reply to my email asking how I go about finding why they've done a check on my details and whether an account fraudulently exists in my name was to log in to my account and email through their to verify my identity and identify my account :lol:

Joke like. Genuinely don't know what to do.

Had loads of nightmares with various places and their customer service over the past year. Yesterday I noticed an odd search on my credit report from a gambling website. I'm not a member of said website and the only gambling company I use on the rare occasion I do bet, has no affiliation with this company from my searching.

Tried to bell them today to find out if I've been ID frauded for some money laundering attempt or something. Phones down for maintenance until August. Live chat says because it's a sensitive issue to email the customer service email. The reply to my email asking how I go about finding why they've done a check on my details and whether an account fraudulently exists in my name was to log in to my account and email through their to verify my identity and identify my account :lol:

Joke like. Genuinely don't know what to do.

I had an issue with an insurance premium that came out if my account for a car I didn't have from a firm I've never dealt with.

Called them up, listed 8 options none of which fitted my problem. So I held to "speak to an advisor". Then got asked by a recorded voice to key in my customer reference. I don't have one

So I called the sales team. There was no options, put straight through. Spoke to a lovely lad who transferred me to customer services. Listened to music and a voice telling me that if I went online I could be helped quicker. (Online was a live chat that told me to call customer services).

I was then told by the automatic voice to key in my account number... again.. I don't have one.

Called a third time, this time to the option to "make a claim". Again asked for reference number which i don't have. So I held and they disconnected me

Fourth time (by which point I am fuming) I took the option to make a payment.... to be told to have my card details ready for the automated service.

Eventually I went back to the only team I could speak to... the sales team. Obviously they couldn't help but they did arrange a call back.

Lad rings back, again very friemdly but in no way helpful. I explain that I don't have an account but his company has taken money from me. He says he can't check that as I don't have an account and that I should call my bank....

Terrible service and put me off dealing with then. But of course now they have my phone number and a few days later I get a text asking me to rate the friendliness of the operator I spoke to....

Last edited:
I had an issue with an insurance premium that came out if my account for a car I didn't have from a firm I've never dealt with.

Called them up, listed 8 options none of which fitted my problem. So I held to "speak to an advisor". Then got asked by a recorded voice to key in my customer reference. I don't have one

So I called the sales team. There was no options, put straight through. Spoke to a lovely lad who transferred me to customer services. Listened to music and a voice telling me that if I went online I could be helped quicker. (Online was a live chat that told me to call customer services).

I was then told by the automatic voice to key in my account number... again.. I don't have one.

Called a third time, this time to the option to "make a claim". Again asked for reference number which i don't have. So I held and they disconnected me

Fourth time (by which point I am fuming) I took the option to make a payment.... to be told to have my card details ready for the automated service.

Eventually I went back to the only team I could speak to... the sales team. Obviously they couldn't help but they did arrange a call back.

Lad rings back, again very friemdly but in no way helpful. I explain that I don't have an account but his company has taken money from me. He says he can't check that as I don't have an account and that I should call my bank....

Terrible service and put me off dealing with then. But of course now they have my phone number and a few days later I get a text asking me to rate the friendliness of the operator I spoke to....

Fuck sake.

Thankfully I haven't lost any money. However the thought of somebody potentially having account(s) in my name for money laundering or God knows what is not nice. I thought gambling sites were meant to take AML and fraud checks seriously ffs :lol:

Some of these customer service gurus/ quacks/cranks will make a fortune off companies trying to right the customer service wrongs that Covid has inflicted upon this country I swear.

Fuck sake.

Thankfully I haven't lost any money. However the thought of somebody potentially having account(s) in my name for money laundering or God knows what is not nice. I thought gambling sites were meant to take AML and fraud checks seriously ffs :lol:

Wasn't a huge amount but that's not the point. Luckily I went into my branch, spoke to an actual human being and they were fantastic. Money refunded within an hour or two, assured that the transactions have been stopped and the bank taking up the case with the insurers. Couldn't fault them.

In fact I've almost forgiven them for every time they've tried to usher me to a self service paying in machine!

tut, aye. Asked politely for a fork in Chillinos on Sunday morning, weary from the coach journey back and emotionally drained from the whole experience. Lass walked over, looked at me, rolled her eyes, dropped it on the counter in front of me and walked away. Shocking really. Garlic bread and cheese was great tho.

Back