Post office scandal

Stattos child

Full Back
Anyone remember tommy brown the leg spinner from 80’s and 90’s if you google him he had the post office at Birtley and was caught up in the post office scandal (program on tv)
scandalous what happened to those people

Anyone remember tommy brown the leg spinner from 80’s and 90’s if you google him he had the post office at Birtley and was caught up in the post office scandal (program on tv)
scandalous what happened to those people
Post Office finally admitted error and massive compensations awarded iirc.

BBC sounds has a mini series covering it-

Regards compensation - a lot seemed to go on legal costs - frustrating when you consider the ex RAF chap had costs of £300k awarded against him

how the IT company didn’t get hammered is beyond me - system didn’t appear to be fit for purpose

I remember reading about this in Computer Weekly and given my background in application software my reaction was that of course they're innocent, the story as describe just reeked of there being a bug. Software always has bugs and as software support you should expect them to occur.
A while later I was at a computer conference and there was a keynote speech given by the Minister responsible for IT. At the end there was a Q and A, and it was all sweetness and light until this women stood up, she identified herself as a journalist from Computer Weekly and asked a question - this Minister did an immediate Jekyll and Hyde act and absolutely slaughtered her. I was shocked.
This happened 3/4 years before I retired, so about 12/13 years ago, maybe a little more.

I remember reading about this in Computer Weekly and given my background in application software my reaction was that of course they're innocent, the story as describe just reeked of there being a bug. Software always has bugs and as software support you should expect them to occur.
A while later I was at a computer conference and there was a keynote speech given by the Minister responsible for IT. At the end there was a Q and A, and it was all sweetness and light until this women stood up, she identified herself as a journalist from Computer Weekly and asked a question - this Minister did an immediate Jekyll and Hyde act and absolutely slaughtered her. I was shocked.
This happened 3/4 years before I retired, so about 12/13 years ago, maybe a little more.

Computer Weekly produced findings on 2009 that something was up and the Post Office carried on prosecuting sub postmasters for another six years, all the while lying about anyone having reporting any problems with the computer system. They didn't admit anything was wrong until 2019 and senior management having been lying through their teeth to the Enquiry about it. All f***ing lost their memories in the intervening years, the *****

Having a bug in software is not an offence surely. I mean companies release lists of bugs to their clients and keep then upto date with changes and fixes.

This is yet another instance of it not being the initial error that has caused the problem, it's the cover-up.

Having a bug in software is not an offence surely. I mean companies release lists of bugs to their clients and keep then upto date with changes and fixes.

This is yet another instance of it not being the initial error that has caused the problem, it's the cover-up.

If the TV show is correct they lied about remote access and errors, and assisted the PO in concealing evidence while wrongly prosecuting sub postmasters

The lawyers representing the victims are suggesting that there should be a police investigation of those responsible at the Post Office as their actions could amount to perverting the course of justice. There is still some way to go until this scandal is resolved.

Back