Post a song from an album you loved when you were 18 but haven't listened to since turning 19

Na, there's loads of albums I've not heard for years, and will have had none or very little if any radio play, not everyone listens to pop.
Guarantee you will have heard a song from every album you listened to at 18 from the age of 19+. Not sure on the pop reference.

got me thinking this thread, not heard this since the first time I heard it.

Guarantee you will have heard a song from every album you listened to at 18 from the age of 19+. Not sure on the pop reference.
Doubt it, there's albums I've listened to that I don't even remember man, loads of bands back then had albums out and had no singles in the charts and no radio play to mention.

Last edited:
No.

Think of the scene you were in when you were 18. Think hard about the music you were listening to. Think about bands that ended up being "dead ends" in your progression through different scenes or movements. Something you listened to a LOT, BRIEFLY and then put to the back of your collection, never to be heard again until NOW.
Jeez, it's like homework.

Did the OP listen to the video he posted??

In my youth, I was in to Catatonia, Kula Shaker, Pulp, The Verve, Embrace, Cast, etc. But apart from the songs I hear on the radio, I haven't had any interest in any of their music for years.
Amazing how few of those bands had any staying power. Compare to 70s powerhouses like Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, even Budgie, who toured for decades after.

Really? You never went through a phase where there was so much amazing music from different genres available that you couldn't keep up with them all, and so put all your exploratory efforts into certain genres at the expense of others?

Was this just a 1993 thing where we had more choices than you had time to explore?

Another one from the missus, but this one is from earlier in her life than 18...

Naaaah, there was loads of stuff around but I just spent a much time as possible exploring it.

Naturally, you gravitate towards a certain genre of music at that age and miss out on some proper gems but there's nothing that I can think of that I loved at 18 that I haven't listened to since.

Some of it is still as good to my ears today as it was then. Others haven't fared so well, for me.

Off the top of my head, though High Land, Hard Rain; Rip It Up; Punch The Clock; Let's Dance; Soul Mining; LaVerite and countless others kept me amused during my 18th year.

Why would I not go back and have another listen?

Naaaah, most of us of a certain age listened to stuff that definitely hasn't had any airplay either then or since.

Don't recall hearing any Throbbing Gristle, Virgin Prunes or Psychic TV on my radio recently. :lol:

Last edited:

Back