Post a song from an album you loved when you were 18 but haven't listened to since turning 19

Can you be a bit more specific? :lol:

No.

Think of the scene you were in when you were 18. Think hard about the music you were listening to. Think about bands that ended up being "dead ends" in your progression through different scenes or movements. Something you listened to a LOT, BRIEFLY and then put to the back of your collection, never to be heard again until NOW.

No.

Think of the scene you were in when you were 18. Think hard about the music you were listening to. Think about bands that ended up being "dead ends" in your progression through different scenes or movements. Something you listened to a LOT, BRIEFLY and then put to the back of your collection, never to be heard again until NOW.
All of the stuff I listened to when I was 18 was still popular & relative when I was 19
:lol:

All of the stuff I listened to when I was 18 was still popular & relative when I was 19

yeah exactly....i didnt have too many albums at that point that there wasnt anything i didnt listen to again when i was 19.
if you loved an album why wouldnt you play it again a year later .....unless you played it to death ?

what might have been a better question is
what Albu m / cd did you play once but then never again

Last edited:
I think there was a uriah heep track (album) I listened to.

Find it and post something then!

:lol:

Oooooh, lucky boy! Never ever finding an album they loved briefly and then threw to one side forever! :p

I was out of my head from about 16 onwards. Can I fuck remember some thing so specific.

Doesn't have to be 18-19 really, just think of an album you played a lot for a brief time and then put aside and never came back to.

yeah exactly....i didnt have too many albums at that point that there wasnt anything i didnt listen to again when i was 19.
if you loved an album why wouldnt you play it again a year later .....unless you played it to death ?

what might have been a better question is
what Albu m / cd did you play once but then never again

Nah, I'm talking about albums you were either really into or at least were so willing to give a chance to that you played it over and over for a while before discarding later because maybe you had started heavily exploring a different style of music and ended up never going back to.

If anyone else here is anything like me, they went through at least one stage of their life where they were into songs of various different genres, concentrated on learning more about one and mostly ignored the others for a while. Some of the discarded ones would be explored later, some would fall by the wayside.

I want people to post things they really liked for a short time, then ended up never going back to them or anything like them.

There's nothing at all. If I loved it I've revisited it at some point, (if infrequently on occasion).

This one stands out from being 17, rather than 18, though.

Loved it and revisit now and then. Just as good today as it ever was.

Really? You never went through a phase where there was so much amazing music from different genres available that you couldn't keep up with them all, and so put all your exploratory efforts into certain genres at the expense of others?

Was this just a 1993 thing where we had more choices than you had time to explore?

Another one from the missus, but this one is from earlier in her life than 18...

Last edited:
Did the OP listen to the video he posted??

In my youth, I was in to Catatonia, Kula Shaker, Pulp, The Verve, Embrace, Cast, etc. But apart from the songs I hear on the radio, I haven't had any interest in any of their music for years.

Last edited:

Back