Post a pic of your axe

The old man picked this up the other day at a boot fair….A Fenix Strat…he reckons it’s an 89-90….in great condition and sounds amazing, and he paid £25 for it.

I got the whole story of Fenix guitars after but I’m sure you all know it…
I had a CSL black Les Paul back in the 80's was my 2nd guitar, one of my mates said they were made by Fender? Didn't think much about it at the time as I only paid £40 for it 2nd hand on Hylton Road & sold it a few months later. Turns out it was made by the company in Japan that made Fender, Gibson's & a few others & then badged to CSL by a company in Gateshead.

I had a CSL black Les Paul back in the 80's was my 2nd guitar, one of my mates said they were made by Fender? Didn't think much about it at the time as I only paid £40 for it 2nd hand on Hylton Road & sold it a few months later. Turns out it was made by the company in Japan that made Fender, Gibson's & a few others & then badged to CSL by a company in Gateshead.
great reading all the comments on that link...

Currently trying to sell my Telecaster Elite to fund the purchase of a telecaster elite in my favourite colour. Not sure I can risk buying blind off gumtree either or be arsed driving to Wales. Only seen 3 come up for sale in 2 years though. :evil:

🤦 Best keep an eye out for one of them 🤔😉
Strangely there's plenty of them in Japan. :lol: In the 2 years I have been searching I have found 3 and only this one on gumtree now is prepared to post. The other sellers were all south of London and collection only. I'm considering switching out my D28 for something smaller too, maybe an OM28.

Want to buy a forever acoustic. Tried a few out previously up to £2,500. Willing to go to £3k for the right one.

Any recommendations?

Just read the new issue of Guitarist magazine and there is a feature and review of Robson Guitars which are built in Sunderland (they even have a 73 designated guitar and appear to be very high end with prices to match as well as being things of beauty) - the workshop is 0.5 mile from Penshaw Monument apparently. The bloke who runs the outfit also makes machineheads for the very high end acoustic guitar market (Lowden etc.) and his pickups are made by a bloke in Peterlee. Hopefully he does really well great so see proper craftsman doing well

Quality gear, I swapped to Robson tuners and have never looked back.

Did you know prs tuners are made in the machine shop next to the town bridge?

Quality gear, I swapped to Robson tuners and have never looked back.

Did you know prs tuners are made in the machine shop next to the town bridge?

I didn't know that about PRS but a bit of digging it seems they also use Robson Tuners on some instruments. They robson tuners I can see online seem to be things of beauty.

Strangely there's plenty of them in Japan. :lol: In the 2 years I have been searching I have found 3 and only this one on gumtree now is prepared to post. The other sellers were all south of London and collection only. I'm considering switching out my D28 for something smaller too, maybe an OM28.
D28 is the beast though, don't do it!
I’ve a beautiful D28 with barely a mark on it here.
Mines 1998 and mint like

Last edited:
It’s just a big fooker that’s all. The guitar itself is superb. I’m honestly torn. I’ve seen a stunning Larrivee OM 40 that I’m fairly sure I could trade for it.
I bet you are, I've had passing thoughts about whether I need two guitars, that thought disappears quickly.

I'm sure You'll make the right choice whatever you do.

I bet you are, I've had passing thoughts about whether I need two guitars, that thought disappears quickly.

I'm sure You'll make the right choice whatever you do.
I’m up to 4 now and can barely strum a chord. I have a GS mini, the D28, a cherryburst tele elite and an olive green strat professional. Needless to say her who must be obeyed isn’t a fan.

I’m up to 4 now and can barely strum a chord. I have a GS mini, the D28, a cherryburst tele elite and an olive green strat professional. Needless to say her who must be obeyed isn’t a fan.
Some will say you can never have enough guitars, if I had the space I would. My Gibson SG went away to pastures new, the beautiful 1980 Guild D-25 will always stay,

Nice collection you have there :cool:

The targetted ads at the top of the page just advertised this to me, lolz.

Maybe if I took out a loan...

PRS Artist Owned Bon Jovi Richie Sambora Private Stock USA Custom Shop Double Neck Doubleneck 1 of 1 | Essex Recording Studios | Reverb

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Some will say you can never have enough guitars, if I had the space I would. My Gibson SG went away to pastures new, the beautiful 1980 Guild D-25 will always stay,

Nice collection you have there :cool:

If you're running out of space for more guitars, it's time to move to a bigger house. ;)

Last edited:
I'm home alone tonight so going to get the D28 downstairs and on the couch and not hunched up on the bed. If we no longer get on it's being traded out tomorrow for the Larrivee OM-40. I never thought I'd get shot of it but it is just impractical.
Gibson J45.
Here's mine...

View media item 7490
Nice, one acoustic I've never even strummed is Gibson...had most others. Taylor, Martin, Furch, Larrivee, Takamine, Yamaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm home alone tonight so going to get the D28 downstairs and on the couch and not hunched up on the bed. If we no longer get on it's being traded out tomorrow for the Larrivee OM-40. I never thought I'd get shot of it but it is just impractical.

Nice, one acoustic I've never even strummed is Gibson...had most others. Taylor, Martin, Furch, Larrivee, Takamine, Yamaha.
I don't think Gibson acoustics had really been on my radar, but a lad from Seaham used to bring a couple of J45s he had to a buskers night at the Dun Cow in Seaton. He used to let me play them and I was taken like. Class. Then I found out Dylan recorded with them a lot in the early days and that was that. Me Tanglewood at the time needed a partial re-fret (still does!) so naturally I ended up getting meself a J45. :lol:

Back