Post a pic of your axe

I like mine. Not the loudest acoustic I, ve ever heard but has a nice warm sound. And still only 99 notes for the basic. Electro acoustic is about 140 I think

I thought about the orchestra body rather than dreadnought so as even less volume and smaller for traveling/holidays but probably not that big a difference.
They only have a dreadnought in my local music shop but sounds good.

Hew @Big Duke Six, been listening to the Montrose album this morning and ended up on a bit of a guitar tangent, thought you might find some of this interesting:

Logon or register to see this image

Some background:

Vintage Les Pauls in Frankfurt 2010 and #8_6787 (Peter Weihe's posts)

I've always said I'd buy a '59 if I won the lottery, but now I'm thinking I'd sought this hower out

Hew @Big Duke Six, been listening to the Montrose album this morning and ended up on a bit of a guitar tangent, thought you might find some of this interesting:

Some background:

Vintage Les Pauls in Frankfurt 2010 and #8_6787 (Peter Weihe's posts)

I've always said I'd buy a '59 if I won the lottery, but now I'm thinking I'd sought this hower out

Nice.

G.A.S has truly set in, just bought a second hand but NIB Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro.

The pictures weren't much to go by but it still has all the stickers on it and film on the pick guard. Pictures to follow when it arrives!

It's my favorite capo, it's got gaffer tape on the back. Family keep giving me others as gifts, G 7 and such but I still prefer that one.
Perfectly understandable. Shubb man mesell. Still miss my proper one - had a bit of a mix up at a buskers night once and effectively ended up swapping mine for another fella's by mistake. Same model n that like but it's not the same. :(

Didn't want to start a new threat for this as it's quite niche; has anyone had any experience with getting a guitar refinished?

I've got a Gibson SG which has been in its case for the best part of 5 or more years and I've finally decided to get it out and start learning all over again. Unfortunately due to not looking after things in my earlier years, the nitrocellulose laquer has chips and dents in it in various places and sever buckle rash on the back. It was also cloudy as hell but I seem to have managed to buff all of that out. Just waiting on some new locking machine heads so I can re-string it.

Anyway, I'm looking to get it refinished and wondered if anyone had any experience with that and knew how much I was looking at for such a job?
No idea on price but Alan dingwall guitars (sunderland) will do it,he has a facebook page ..he fixes,set ups and builds his own .Good lad

Pictures of the new guitar. It's an Epiphone plustop pro with coil splitting, second hand but appeared to have never been played, stickers still on pickups etc.

Unfortunately it appears to have a grounding issue which I can't get to the bottom of so it'll be off to the shop this coming week to get that sorted.

Last edited:
few black friday deals at guitar guitar

I bought a new guitar on holiday in Vietnam.

Hand made by Mr Binh of Guitar Binh on Guitar Street, Ho Chi Minh City.

Sitka Spruce top, Rosewood back and sides, maple neck with mahogany fret board.

It's his take on a Martin D-45. It cost me £300, including a great case.

Took it into my local music shop for set up and they reckoned it would cost about £1500 to buy something that sounded or felt as good here in the UK.

Chuffed with my purchase, now just need to learn how to play it.

Back