Post a pic of your axe

Tim (MIlls) from Bare Knuckle is very well respected in the PUP world - just something to consider for next time
Thanks pal. I’d have put something cheaper in if I wasn’t looking to sell it, I think keeping it original will be better for the value.

Tim (MIlls) from Bare Knuckle is very well respected in the PUP world - just something to consider for next time

See also: Tonerider and Irongear. Tonerider are the classic vibe pups or were, and I'm a huge fan of irongear. Got irongears in most of my cheaper ones now and they're tops. never met a bad one and around £35/go ....
Reet, axe peoples ... got finance finishing on guitars, so looking for another .... I'm torn between something semi-hollow, or what I've always wanted - a proper gibson les Paul.

Budget about a grand or so max, currently thinking Les Paul Tribute (which gets great ratings all over the shop) / fender Jim Adkins JA-90 / epi es-339, or may-be charvel pro-mod so-cal. any others I should consider ? - NOT a shredder in any sense (more chords and blues).

Last edited:
Were they the more pricey one's? reliced or flame top ?.
The JS300 3 x single coil p'ups (£150)and the JS400 humbucker and 2 x single coils (£159) are the one's to go for , but i've got a sneaking suspicion that the next batch will be a bit more.
Took the plunge and got meself a Fender Squier Stratocaster affinity. Couldn’t find the Jet ones anywhere. Don’t know how to post pics?? Just need to learn how to play it now.

yup
selling stuff like this

he hoovers up bands sales of guitars ,amps ,pedals real fans don't get a look in and he puts his 80% mark up on them and trys to sell them.

He's not well liked on the guitar forums.

This is really interesting. I very nearly bought an ESP from him. It didn't seem that legit an operation when I read his ranty intro on Reverb about "no returns as people need to take responsibility" etc.

Claims something about being a rep for a private collector in the USA but I was thinking why would a USA based collector ship em all to Essex?

See also: Tonerider and Irongear. Tonerider are the classic vibe pups or were, and I'm a huge fan of irongear. Got irongears in most of my cheaper ones now and they're tops. never met a bad one and around £35/go ....
Reet, axe peoples ... got finance finishing on guitars, so looking for another .... I'm torn between something semi-hollow, or what I've always wanted - a proper gibson les Paul.

Budget about a grand or so max, currently thinking Les Paul Tribute (which gets great ratings all over the shop) / fender Jim Adkins JA-90 / epi es-339, or may-be charvel pro-mod so-cal. any others I should consider ? - NOT a shredder in any sense (more chords and blues).
New or second hand?

I believe it is fixed. Fingers crossed. :lol: Lad said it didn’t need a full rewind and has only charged me £24 including delivery back to the guitar tech. I hope that’s problem solved. Now I just need to find a buyer. I’m slowly trying to get someoneon eBay to drop his price. He wants £300 more for something than he paid about 3 years ago. Not a collector piece or anything, standard production model.

Can someone remind me how to post pics please? I’ve just bought a new tele. It’s immense and definitely my last ever guitar purchase.

Can someone remind me how to post pics please? I’ve just bought a new tele. It’s immense and definitely my last ever guitar purchase.
You missed out " of this month " on the end of your post.
Famous last words of every guitar player "Last purchase ever "
this is " the one",
Then 2 yrs later
" or aye i got rid of that one ,seen my new one its a _________."

I think I am done.

Got everything I can use and want /need.

I sold my last guitar (Takamine 12 string) a few years ago - i posted pics on here - cedar top lovely guitar

I can't see me selling or buying anything unless its an absolute revelation.

Is that a sparkle finish?
Not officially but does have a tiny bit of shimmer to it. I’m going to downsize my collection. Currently 5 in the house (although I did find a buyer for my other tele) I can’t justify having 4 guitars. I’m going to trade 3 of the others out for something really nice and then maybe invest in a wrecker that I don’t mind the dog chewing.

Back