Post a pic of your axe

Unless you have some knowledge of guitar electrics and repair I would say take it to someone who does.

you could look on YouTube of course and many people will say have a go but I only do the basics myself.

good luck hope you get it sorted. 👍

Forum member and MLF Darrel Higham (Hillbillybackcat IIRC) has a new tutorial series on Rockabilly guitar starting in Guitar Techniques magazine - first article was very good.

Forum member and MLF Darrel Higham (Hillbillybackcat IIRC) has a new tutorial series on Rockabilly guitar starting in Guitar Techniques magazine - first article was very good.
Darrel has played with some of the best players around. Worth a go I’m sure - do you know if there is an on line version?

Unless you have some knowledge of guitar electrics and repair I would say take it to someone who does.

you could look on YouTube of course and many people will say have a go but I only do the basics myself.

Opened the switch plate and immediately wished I hadn’t :D it looked like a bomb

Sorted, just a dry joint on the bridge connection. 20 minutes and 10 English pounds.

Opened the switch plate and immediately wished I hadn’t :D it looked like a bomb

Sorted, just a dry joint on the bridge connection. 20 minutes and 10 English pounds.
I can solder a bit but I’m not consistently good so I shy away from pickups .

I always feel like I need a third hand

Glad you got it sorted 👍

I

I’ve recently started playing an acoustic I’ve had in the house gathering dust for years and decided to learn how to play, had a couple of lessons and thinking about buying an electric guitar and amp. Tutor has recommended a brand called Jet, the 300 series is only 150 quid ish and the get good reviews. Anyone had any first hand experience of them? Thanks!

I’ve recently started playing an acoustic I’ve had in the house gathering dust for years and decided to learn how to play, had a couple of lessons and thinking about buying an electric guitar and amp. Tutor has recommended a brand called Jet, the 300 series is only 150 quid ish and the get good reviews. Anyone had any first hand experience of them? Thanks!
yes mate cracking first guitar ,only problem is they are o.o.stock everywhere ,i was going to get one ,rang a few dealers and they say early Feb ,but i don't know if the prices will have risen .
Go onto Youtube and type ...."one of the best budget guitars "and see Dave Simpson who knows his stuff put it through it's paces.
Not just a great "starter "guitar, it's a great guitar full stop .

yes mate cracking first guitar ,only problem is they are o.o.stock everywhere ,i was going to get one ,rang a few dealers and they say early Feb ,but i don't know if the prices will have risen .
Go onto Youtube and type ...."one of the best budget guitars "and see Dave Simpson who knows his stuff put it through it's paces.
Not just a great "starter "guitar, it's a great guitar full stop .

Cheers! They have a couple of the other models in Windows but not the JS 300 which seems to be the popular one.

Cheers! They have a couple of the other models in Windows but not the JS 300 which seems to be the popular one.
Were they the more pricey one's? reliced or flame top ?.
The JS300 3 x single coil p'ups (£150)and the JS400 humbucker and 2 x single coils (£159) are the one's to go for , but i've got a sneaking suspicion that the next batch will be a bit more.

Were they the more pricey one's? reliced or flame top ?.
The JS300 3 x single coil p'ups (£150)and the JS400 humbucker and 2 x single coils (£159) are the one's to go for , but i've got a sneaking suspicion that the next batch will be a bit more.
It’s the JT300 and jS 450 that’s in stock, I don’t know enough to pretend to know what the difference is between the ranges is.

Last edited:
Pickup is fkd. It’s away to be re-wound / repaired rather than shelling out for a new one. This is why I don’t touch my electrics much. Too much faff on.

For future reference

Looked at them but it wasn’t far off the cost of a new set. Probably be worth it if you have some vintage pups worth big money. Im using Anderson in Kent, apparently they make good pickups too. I’m looking at about £50 I think. Plus fitting once it gets back to the guitar tech.

Looked at them but it wasn’t far off the cost of a new set. Probably be worth it if you have some vintage pups worth big money. Im using Anderson in Kent, apparently they make good pickups too. I’m looking at about £50 I think. Plus fitting once it gets back to the guitar tech.
Tim (MIlls) from Bare Knuckle is very well respected in the PUP world - just something to consider for next time

Back