Post a pic of your axe

I’ve sold two 12 string acoustics- a Yamaha FG512 with classical style headstock and a Takamine EAN 12c with a lovely cedar top.

Don’t regret either as the novelty wore off and they were tiring to play. Plus the Takamine had a temperamental electric pack.

I’ve sold two 12 string acoustics- a Yamaha FG512 with classical style headstock and a Takamine EAN 12c with a lovely cedar top.

Don’t regret either as the novelty wore off and they were tiring to play. Plus the Takamine had a temperamental electric pack.
Heard they are liable to go out of tune. Lovely sound though.

Not had a Telecaster since the 80's, ended up giving it to my m8, always fancied getting another one so I've taken a punt on one of these 🤔
Aria 615-MK2 Nashville Trans Ruby Red Aria 615-MK2 Nashville Trans Ruby Red | Treblerock | Reverb
Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend, didn't buy it from Reverb, that ones still for sale.

Thats sweet, think my next tele needs to be a thinline tho, and promise lose one or more of:

Fender Baja Tele
Squier Classic Vibe 70s Deluxe
HB TE-20MN CA totally upgraded
HB TE-20BK (the black satin one - bit Jim Root-y)
Squier Bullet Lake Placid FSR

(the two squiers are the best to play... esp the Bullet)

Thats sweet, think my next tele needs to be a thinline tho, and promise lose one or more of:

Fender Baja Tele
Squier Classic Vibe 70s Deluxe
HB TE-20MN CA totally upgraded
HB TE-20BK (the black satin one - bit Jim Root-y)
Squier Bullet Lake Placid FSR

(the two squiers are the best to play... esp the Bullet)
I've gone down from 5 guitars to 3 so I'm allowed 1 back 😁
Getting a Tele will allow me to explore different sounds etc as I've always played LP/SG guitars.

I’ve got my eye on a stunning Martin 000-15m. Thinking of selling the Dread I have. The size of the dread just makes it a bit impractical and the GS I have gets used far more often.

I’ve got my eye on a stunning Martin 000-15m. Thinking of selling the Dread I have. The size of the dread just makes it a bit impractical and the GS I have gets used far more often.
How much are the Martins? Tried one recently and they were good. Not sure of model, was £1,770 new. Looking at a D18 or 28 if my budget allows.

How much are the Martins? Tried one recently and they were good. Not sure of model, was £1,770 new. Looking at a D18 or 28 if my budget allows.
My D28 is probably the nicest sounding acoustic I’ve ever heard. Can’t fault it. It’s just a tad awkward for my poor posture on the couch.

Beautiful 😍. Very tempting to make it number 12. My bank balance hates it when I visit guitar shops 😂
I got mine from Kenny's music in Dundee, same price as Reverb but free delivery, Reverb was £30 extra, unfortunately they are out of stock now, keep an eye out Kenny's always got some decent deals on.
Beautiful finish on that guitar
Sounds nice aswell

Last edited:
Been looking at getting myself a 3/4 size acoustic and getting more into into fingerpicking as I have up to now been more of a rhythm guitarist (just playing around strumming chords). I am pretty much down to either a Taylor GS Mini or a Martin LX1. Will probably go mahogany rather than rosewood.

Interested to know your thoughts on whether to get an electric acoustic or just acoustic one? I only ever play at home to myself and the cheap dreadnought acoustic I bash away on these days has no electric on and that has always been fine. I have a couple of electrics and even with those I often don't plug them in and instead use them unplugged simply because the action is lower and its more comfortable to mess around with.

I guess my question is whether playing it through an amp will change the sound (outside of using pedals etc) or just amplify the acoustic sound?

also interested to hear from anyone that has either of these on the action. I want an acoustic with fairly low action as I have only played with high action and would rather the new guitar was easier to play

Last edited:
Donating a dust gatherer to a good cause today ,lad fixes guitars up and flogs them ,money goes towards local homeless charity and a childrens home in bogota
Squier,fender jazz hybrid .

Back