Post a pic of your axe

Yeah,noticed .See where the seats are for what ££ tomorrow before I decide
Arguably the best guitarist on the planet doesn't come cheap I suppose

I bought 2 today in Row N for £70 each, £10 of which was fees. May be better available tomorrow but I wouldn't really have the chance to find out so played safe.
Jeff Beck from See Tickets If you're feeling impatient.

Last edited:
row E £65 ,rows in front of that vip prices .well pleased

Excellent work! Happy enough with what I got, never seen him live before and I guess this may well be the last chance. Anyway, compared to the prices for Joe Bonamassa, it's a proper bargain - cheapest seats £103.60!! FFS!!

Rickenbacker 4003 picked up at weekend ,2017 model jetglo

Strings are knackered but it plays lovely and I got a great deal on it ,private sale .

Being a lefty it's hard to find nice guitars! So I've narrowed it down to 3 guitars with a budget of £1400... First is the 2019 Gibson Les Paul studio in wine red. Or the Kurt Cobain jaguar. Or the Gibson SG standard in cherry. ( I've had a sg but sold it 10 years ago ) what do the forum guitarist think?

Being a lefty it's hard to find nice guitars! So I've narrowed it down to 3 guitars with a budget of £1400... First is the 2019 Gibson Les Paul studio in wine red. Or the Kurt Cobain jaguar. Or the Gibson SG standard in cherry. ( I've had a sg but sold it 10 years ago ) what do the forum guitarist think?

for that budget I will build you a custom, hand built in the UK guitar exactly to your spec. Check out Gordonsmithguitars.com to see what we can do.

The newer studios are ok ish but feel cheap to me , the early 90s ones are amazing and come with ebony fretboards on most of them .They come in wine red ,white or black .
I've got a lovely 90's white ageing to cream with ebony board ,its seen off 2 customs and 1 standard ! ,prices are rising but be patient and you will pick one up for £600 to £650 on fleabay.

If £1400 is your budget then a les paul standard is in your range , stay clear from all 2015 gibsons ,extra wide neck ,daft logo on the headstock ,daft year for gibsons.

The corbain jag your looking at £1000 S/H never played one so can't comment

Sg standard £650 to £700 s/h
I've tried and tried but the neck dive and the way the neck seems miles away at the first fret is a dealbreaker for me ,tried 3 times but not for me.
why did you sell your sg 10yrs ago? if you diidnt like the feel of it then you wont now As i said above ,been there, done it, and got the t.shirt.

Good luck in your search

The newer studios are ok ish but feel cheap to me , the early 90s ones are amazing and come with ebony fretboards on most of them .They come in wine red ,white or black .
I've got a lovely 90's white ageing to cream with ebony board ,its seen off 2 customs and 1 standard ! ,prices are rising but be patient and you will pick one up for £600 to £650 on fleabay.

If £1400 is your budget then a les paul standard is in your range , stay clear from all 2015 gibsons ,extra wide neck ,daft logo on the headstock ,daft year for gibsons.

I've tried and tried but the neck dive and the way the neck seems miles away at the first fret is a dealbreaker for me ,tried 3 times but not for me.
why did you sell your sg 10yrs ago? if you diidnt like the feel of it then you wont now As i said above ,been there, done it, and got the t.shirt.

Good luck in your search
I actually swapped it for a jap Tokai LP mate that's fantastic

Good luck in your search
I've been looking for a good Les Paul for ages but lefty's are so hard to find and the prices are getting stupid! I had a chance to play the studio just before the lockdown and it was actually a fantastic guitar! The Jag is something I've never played bit I just love the look of it and the sounds you can get out of it. And having a signature guitar is just cool! I think it would go well with my telecaster/PRS/Tokai

Last edited:

Back