Post a pic of your axe

I bought a new guitar on holiday in Vietnam.

Hand made by Mr Binh of Guitar Binh on Guitar Street, Ho Chi Minh City.

Sitka Spruce top, Rosewood back and sides, maple neck with mahogany fret board.

It's his take on a Martin D-45. It cost me £300, including a great case.

Took it into my local music shop for set up and they reckoned it would cost about £1500 to buy something that sounded or felt as good here in the UK.

Chuffed with my purchase, now just need to learn how to play it.

Does it have a truss rod? If so you need to keep ensuring it keeps working just in case you need it at some future date.

Yes it has a truss rod. By "keep working" do you mean just give it a bit of a waggle occasionally?
I am not an expert but I think so. Not sure but possibly could snap if you put too much pressure on it. So you have to only turn 1/4 at one go. Plenty tutorials on YouTube.

I had to adjust mine after 30 years and was OK so I may be talking rubbish but thought I'd mention it.

harley benton l.pauls / strats are great the 335s are rubbish really cheap and nasty feeling and if you bide your time you can get an epiphone dot for £230 off e bay ,3 times the guitar the harley is ..but as i said the l.pauls and strats are spot on , theres a video on you tube harley benton strat v fender custom shop v hand built strat (both of these £2000++) its a blindfold test and you had to vote ab or c., he posted the results a few month later and i think 38% thought the £140 harley benton was one of the 2k custom models , it shows we listen with our eyes and what name is on the headstock instead of which sounds the best !
I have an older Harley Benton SC Custom in Vintage black and it's a fantastic single cut guitar. Great hardware ( Grover tuners) and decent bridge and stop tail. I did replace the Wilkinson pickups with iron gear this year and all the electronics new CTS pots (coil splitting) vintage wire/ paper in oil capacitor/ Gibson 3 way switch and a Tusq XL nut. I love the guitar and it sounds very very good and looks amazing with the binding and the Matt black finish. I would highly recommend one. I do fancy the HB TE-52 as the specs are great for a sub £120 guitar ( ash body/ maple neck)

Air guitar?
A couple of randoms...both bought new. The guy who runs the shop sent me his new inventory before they were put into the shop and I thought that they were interesting, so committed to buy on a whim....

• Epiphone Broadway
  • Epiphone Lee Malia Signature RD
I'd never heard of Lee Malia, I just liked the unusual aspects of the guitar and the fact that it had Gibson pick - ups (P94 in the neck and a coil splitting Humbucker in the bridge, as well as a dummy coil).

Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Anyone have or had a bowl back electric acoustic ?

I realise they aren't the best sound unplugged but I've seen a nice crafter one at my local music shop for £59
Ok i mainly like the look of it 😁 and haven't really got room for another guitar 🎸 😁
So was wondering on opinions of them,
Haven't seen it in the flesh but may go tomorrow after finishing this block of 12hr nights.
For the money i might just leave it at me caravan down the coast :)
I've read they are nice quality etc .

Anyone have or had a bowl back electric acoustic ?

I realise they aren't the best sound unplugged but I've seen a nice crafter one at my local music shop for £59
Ok i mainly like the look of it 😁 and haven't really got room for another guitar 🎸 😁
So was wondering on opinions of them,
Haven't seen it in the flesh but may go tomorrow after finishing this block of 12hr nights.
For the money i might just leave it at me caravan down the coast :)
I've read they are nice quality etc .
Never been a massive fan - sound about toy-like to me.

Back