Post a pic of your axe

Those LTD guitars are superb for the money, played an LTD Les Paul a few years back and it was tremendous.

I read that review and thought about you immediately the GS guitars look great for the money.

I’m not into “metal” type guitars but always liked the look of them, albeit I don’t like the aesthetics of the flat black EMG pick ups.... so I bought a pair of gold covered James Hetfield pick ups and slipped them in instead.

Great idea that you can unplug and replace pickups without soldering.

This seems like an ideal thread to ask on.....is anybody looking to have a regular jam? I’m a singer and passable rhythm guitarist, I’ve been in bands before, but don’t want to commit to gigging in stinky arse-end pubs for disinterested punters. I’d just like to get together with some like minded folks (I’m 41, so ideally 30-60s rather than youngsters who are ambitious to get in front of an audience). Even a few acoustic nights, getting together just to enjoy playing and singing really. Obviously an affinity for the same type of music would be a bonus, but that’s something we can discuss if I find anyone like me who likes the experience of playing music in a group but can’t be bothered with the hassle of gigging and stuff.

This seems like an ideal thread to ask on.....is anybody looking to have a regular jam? I’m a singer and passable rhythm guitarist, I’ve been in bands before, but don’t want to commit to gigging in stinky arse-end pubs for disinterested punters. I’d just like to get together with some like minded folks (I’m 41, so ideally 30-60s rather than youngsters who are ambitious to get in front of an audience). Even a few acoustic nights, getting together just to enjoy playing and singing really. Obviously an affinity for the same type of music would be a bonus, but that’s something we can discuss if I find anyone like me who likes the experience of playing music in a group but can’t be bothered with the hassle of gigging and stuff.
You sound exactly like me.

My mate is an itinerant musician and wherever he goes he poops right into the music scene. I told him pretty much what you just wrote there and he just said ‘get yourself on Craig’s List and lay out exactly what you want to do’.

I haven’t like, as I have a toddler at home but one day I might. That might be useful advice for you. When you get to FL come over the gaff and we can have a jam.

My mate is an itinerant musician and wherever he goes he poops right into the music scene. I told him pretty much what you just wrote there and he just said ‘get yourself on Craig’s List and lay out exactly what you want to do’.

I haven’t like, as I have a toddler at home but one day I might. That might be useful advice for you. When you get to FL come over the gaff and we can have a jam.
I’d love to mate but can you imagine the kids’ faces when they ask which park we’re going to and I say we’re not, we’re just heading to my internet friends house to pretend to be rockstars for a few hours!

I’d love to mate but can you imagine the kids’ faces when they ask which park we’re going to and I say we’re not, we’re just heading to my internet friends house to pretend to be rockstars for a few hours!
:D:D

There’s a pool at our gaff and I have a few cans of pop in the beer fridge. They can get a sugar high on sprite then murder each other in the pool while we plug in and rock out!

Does he play a lot of Scatman Crothers stuff?

I'm a bit of a shit guitarist but ok ish bit can sing a bit tho.. I've been fancying getting a band together after giving it up in the 90s

Yep! Acoustics are less forgiving ...I play with 13-56 on me Martin

I like it though, it’s highlighting how lazy my barring has become though :lol: it’s like been 14 again :lol: Jesus! 13’s :eek: I was prepared and ordered some 10’s with it but the strings on it seem to have plenty life in them yet so I’ll not be changing em yet.... what Martin have ya got if ya don’t mind me asking?

I like it though, it’s highlighting how lazy my barring has become though :lol: it’s like been 14 again :lol: Jesus! 13’s :eek: I was prepared and ordered some 10’s with it but the strings on it seem to have plenty life in them yet so I’ll not be changing em yet.... what Martin have ya got if ya don’t mind me asking?
I've got a Martin D-28, bought in 1998, it booms!! I play Country and Bluegrass, so it's class like! :cool::cool:

Wish had more time to play the bugger, have to wait until I retire:lol:

There's a few acoustic singarounds in the area you could go to,dont be put off they arnt full of folk Nazies.You can play anything you like as long as it's acoustic.Im off through Whitley Bay tonight for one,last time I was there I did a Stones song and Trex song.

Last edited:

Back