Post a pic of your axe

Thick Mag here, a thousand apologies yadda yadda! But how do I upload and embed photos from my desktop? I'm sure I have done it before but its just asking me for a URL.

Last edited:
Yep for some reason this is not working for me... I am pretty technical but its just not working with any upload sites on my mac, tablet or laptop.

I am uploading to tiny pic.

Copying the IMG code

Clicking the image button on the ribbon up there^^^^

It asks for the URL (?) so I paste the IMG code and it add it as a broken link.

Preview it and it comes up with
Logon or register to see this image

Am I doing something wrong? Must be... Scratching my heed here!

Yep for some reason this is not working for me... I am pretty technical but its just not working with any upload sites on my mac, tablet or laptop.

I am uploading to tiny pic.

Copying the IMG code

Clicking the image button on the ribbon up there^^^^

It asks for the URL (?) so I paste the IMG code and it add it as a broken link.

Preview it and it comes up with

Am I doing something wrong? Must be... Scratching my heed here!
i just copy on tinypic ,select "message board" or whatever the option then paste on here

Is the second one a Godin 5th Avenue? I have heard very good things about them

It's is... A very nice play. It's got a really authentic acoustic blues sound. I am a massive fan of Godin. I had an original black Godin Acousticaster but sadly sold it, which was one of many I wished I had kept.

I would highly recommend the 5th Avenue. It genuinely rekindled my love of picking up acoustic guitars. It has a lot of bottom end considering its an archtop, it's really balanced. Strangely I have been using Nickel wound strings on it... Gives it an even more rounded, warm, authentic vintage tone.

How old is that? Or is it a modern Custom Shop?

It's a bit of a mystery this guitar. A long story of how I came about buying it but essentially I played it and fell in love with it.

It had a lot of authentic 52 features but also some reissue parts. It was really badly finished (reliced). But it had something about it and it was the colour I was looking for.

The neck was beautiful, the body was very very high quality. When I took it apart the date and initials were "authentic" TG for Tadeo Gomez the legendary Fender guitar craftsman from the 50s but there were no tooling marks or jig holes.

After lots of research its definitely a older USA telephone but when who knows. Not pre CBS for sure sadly. But it's been around the block nonetheless... And I like that. I would love to know the history. It's a very very nice guitar.

I wanted to get it refinished and set up so I know someone that does it for a living who is very good.

I had it stripped and refinished in the white blonde which shows through the lovely grain of the Ash. It's got a very subtle lavender hue in the light.

I also had it reliced again which has come out beautifully I think.

It plays great, really hot wound pickups,not as twangy as standard Teles.

I'm chuffed, it's a keeper and probably my main guitar now.

Last edited:
I'm not a massive LP fan but I was after a guitar with humbuckers and coil split/tap... So I bought a Harley Benton SC custom vintage black... I'm absolutely astonished at the quality for less than £200 delivered to my door from Germany.

Back