Post a pic of your axe

Went to Riff Raff for the first time yesterday, ended up buying another! :oops:

Whilst I was there he had two calls of people searching for guitars that had been stolen in the Sunderland area. He also told me that his son had had seven nicked in the last few weeks.

In the words of that old 70’s advertising campaign “watch out, watch out there’s a thief about.”​
What did you buy? That tele that I was telling you about is in that shop its eggshell blue probably retailing for 500-600.

This is the new one that I bought on my visit to Riff Raff...

https://flic.kr/p/L9yMum
https://flic.kr/p/L9yMm5
Gibson Midtown
Gibson Midtown
Super.

My bass arrived at the start of the week, hardly had much time to start playing it but managed to get a pic of it.

Logon or register to see this image

I need to get a case or stand for it, can't have it living on the bean bag.

I finally made the plunge (after asking advice in here over a year ago) and bought myself a bass. I've bought a Squier VM Jazz Bass and Ampeg BA 108 to get me started. Ordered online and annoyingly the amp is due to come tomorrow but no guitar until Thursday...

I’ve also got the VM Jazz. You’ll enjoy it. Nice bass. I seldom play mine though as my son plays it more than me. I tend to favor my Sterling Sub 4 and MM Stingray.

My bass arrived at the start of the week, hardly had much time to start playing it but managed to get a pic of it.

Logon or register to see this image

I need to get a case or stand for it, can't have it living on the bean bag.

If you don’t know how, it’s worth getting someone to set it up for you. If you don’t know how, better still to learn how to set it up yourself.

Last edited:
I'm modding an affinity Tele in blond with iron gear pickups and new wiring and pots.. just can't find decent left handed guitars

If I remember correctly the Affinity body is quite a bit thinner than a normal Standard / American Standard old money Tele’s. I think that you have to use a top loader bridge.

Love the Tele in front of the Amp :D

Thanks, I love it as well, it wasn’t expensive, it is a Graham Coxon signature model.

If I remember correctly the Affinity body is quite a bit thinner than a normal Standard / American Standard old money Tele’s. I think that you have to use a top loader bridge.

Thanks, I love it as well, it wasn’t expensive, it is a Graham Coxon signature model.
It is slightly thinner than my standard and top loading makes no difference to me or tone. They are routed out also for humbuckers.. I never take my standard out of its hard case as the kids can’t be trusted haha. With the affinity I’m not that bothered about the odd ding. I absolutely love the maple neck on it tho the frets could do with a polish and a decent setup and it will play fab.

Back