Post a pic of your axe

That would be me anarl.
I’ve got some f***ing class guitars but I’m a useless plodder.

Mind a couple of things happened in my life recently that inspired me to try and break out of my years-long comfort zone of moving fluently among the major chords and not much else besides, and I’ve been practicing - even if only twenty minutes or so - every day. Finally checking out Justin et al too and can actually see myself improving a bit anarl.
I recently learned the pentatonic scales. A whole new world man!

Yes, you do do have some class guitars, that Black Falcon is particularly desirable!

My next, and final guitar (ha ha famous last words) will be the Billy Duffy white falcon. I’m really torn as to whether to keep the black one, which I don’t play much anyway and it would be totally eclipsed by the white, or trade it in for the white.

Mind if I kept both they would look great as ‘his and hers’ models displayed on the wall, and our landing even has perfectly sized little alcoves on either side of the doors to the man cave but our lass put the kibosh on that idea. I can’t really complain coz she gave me the much bigger walk-in closet.

You can help me make my mind up by making me an offer for the black!

My next, and final guitar (ha ha famous last words) will be the Billy Duffy white falcon. I’m really torn as to whether to keep the black one, which I don’t play much anyway and it would be totally eclipsed by the white, or trade it in for the white.

Mind if I kept both they would look great as ‘his and hers’ models displayed on the wall, and our landing even has perfectly sized little alcoves on either side of the doors to the man cave but our lass put the kibosh on that idea. I can’t really complain coz she gave me the much bigger walk-in closet.

You can help me make my mind up by making me an offer for the black!

Buy the white one for her as a wedding anniversary gift.... they could represent your Yin and her Yang......

A mate of mine told me about them some time ago.
Apparently it’s the key to playing solos but not exactly fun to practice eh?
The pentatonic is a great way to get into soloing. Once you learn it in its different positions and build your confidence you will start to solo all over the fretboard and the dark art will soon become more transparent to you.

A mate of mine told me about them some time ago.
Apparently it’s the key to playing solos but not exactly fun to practice eh?
Yep. I have a BT1 which I play while watching TV so do it most days.

Practice, practice.

It will be worth it. There are loads of backing tracks on YouTube to practice along with. Sounds so cool.

Yep. I have a BT1 which I play while watching TV so do it most days.

Practice, practice.

It will be worth it. There are loads of backing tracks on YouTube to practice along with. Sounds so cool.

My bairn’s name is Layla so right now I’m learning the unplugged version. Got the chords down easy enough so dipping my toe for the first time into learning a solo, some of which in this song is just running up and down a blues scale.

It's quite a matt finish so I'd be tempted to just spray it to be honest - not that I kna much about that kind of thing. :lol:
Personally, I'd apply some white spirit to the finest grade wire wool you can put your hands on and give it light rub down (just enough to degrease it). Then give it a light undercoat of white primer before spaying in your chosen colour. I'd also hang it to spray as to prevent the temptation to apply too heavy a coat that presents itself when lying flat. If you're going red and feel a little daring, you can try a silver or gold undercoat and go for the candy apple red look.

My bairn’s name is Layla so right now I’m learning the unplugged version. Got the chords down easy enough so dipping my toe for the first time into learning a solo, some of which in this song is just running up and down a blues scale.
All Neil Young solos are unique. He never really plays the same ones twice. I guess he just uses the blues scale to produce his solos.

I've only been playing a year and wouldn't know where to start with lead. The rhythm is coming along quite nicely.

Personally, I'd apply some white spirit to the finest grade wire wool you can put your hands on and give it light rub down (just enough to degrease it). Then give it a light undercoat of white primer before spaying in your chosen colour. I'd also hang it to spray as to prevent the temptation to apply too heavy a coat that presents itself when lying flat. If you're going red and feel a little daring, you can try a silver or gold undercoat and go for the candy apple red look.
:lol: Already got the spot on the garden fence earmarked.

I've only been playing a year and wouldn't know where to start with lead. The rhythm is coming along quite nicely.
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Is the top surface actually painted wood on the Danelectro?
How d'ya mean?

Last edited:

Back