Post a pic of your axe

Silver Sky - 2018

Anyone tempted or everyone outraged? :lol:

I never understand other “big” manufacturers copying other “big” manufacturers models such as Strat’s. I sort of get small boutique luthiers interpreting the big boys designs but not this sort of crap.

In my humble opinion you don’t actually have to pay a great deal to buy a good quality Strat. I would never pay Custom Shop prices for a Strat. I have a wide range including Squiers through Mexican and Japanese to a USA 57 AVRI. The Classic Vibe Squier does the job, the American ones just feel better and sound marginally different.

Silver Sky - 2018

Anyone tempted or everyone outraged? :lol:
meh its a strat with PRS signature headstock on it

I never understand other “big” manufacturers copying other “big” manufacturers models such as Strat’s. I sort of get small boutique luthiers interpreting the big boys designs but not this sort of crap.

In my humble opinion you don’t actually have to pay a great deal to buy a good quality Strat. I would never pay Custom Shop prices for a Strat. I have a wide range including Squiers through Mexican and Japanese to a USA 57 AVRI. The Classic Vibe Squier does the job, the American ones just feel better and sound marginally different.
Your perhaps not a fan if them but Charvel have gone exactly the same now. From daft metal designs with the pointy headstocks and stuff, which not to everyones taste were at least original, since becoming just another Fender subsiduary seem to be making Strats only. Not sure where they fit to be honest, perhaps mid range, pushing Squire back down to the junior junior brand?

Last edited:
meh its a strat with PRS signature headstock on it

Your perhaps not a fan if them but Charvel have gone exactly the same now. From daft metal designs with the pointy headstocks and stuff, which not to everyones taste were at least original, since becoming just another Fender subsiduary seem to be making Strats only. Not sure where they fit to be honest, perhaps mid range, pushing Squire back down to the junior junior brand?

It took them two years to come up with sticking a PRS neck on a Strat body......

The classic vibes are canny but they’re worth nowhere near the current price(at £400+ they’re almost hitting the mim strats price) I really want to try a John Cruz made custom strat like...
Apparently the initial 500 of the new prs strat have sold out with pre orders so looks like there’s a market for it despite not seeing one single positive response for it online :lol:

The classic vibes are canny but they’re worth nowhere near the current price(at £400+ they’re almost hitting the mim strats price) I really want to try a John Cruz made custom strat like...
Apparently the initial 500 of the new prs strat have sold out with pre orders so looks like there’s a market for it despite not seeing one single positive response for it online :lol:
They`re PRS so won`t be a bad guitar in fairness, just bloody unimaginative

Any of you imported a guitar from the states?
Any pitfalls to look out for?
I’m looking at a new bass on reverb. It’s not available in the uk anymore and I can’t find a new or used one in the uk. It was only a 2017 issue.
I found a new one in the states on reverb. Even with import duty and vat it comes in slightly cheaper than last years uk list price.

Finally got an electric again after selling my Les Paul about 6 years ago

Modern Tele lovely to play feel at home with much more than any other guitar i’ve played which includes the Les Paul a Fender Strat and Toronado

Need to pick up and amp and really start enjoying it but i’m Still on the getting back on the bike stage !

Finally got an electric again after selling my Les Paul about 6 years ago

Modern Tele lovely to play feel at home with much more than any other guitar i’ve played which includes the Les Paul a Fender Strat and Toronado

Need to pick up and amp and really start enjoying it but i’m Still on the getting back on the bike stage !

Same, had an EP LP (Samick 90's) for about 20 years, bought an Affinity (90's) recently, adored it, cleaned it up, sold for a small profit and bought a Baja Tele.

Regret it in some respects, love the Baja but there isn't 700 quid of difference between the two.

Lesson learned to stay with the cheaper stuff in future :)

Same, had an EP LP (Samick 90's) for about 20 years, bought an Affinity (90's) recently, adored it, cleaned it up, sold for a small profit and bought a Baja Tele.

Regret it in some respects, love the Baja but there isn't 700 quid of difference between the two.

Lesson learned to stay with the cheaper stuff in future :)

Think your spot on with the Les Paul I think I felt a pressure almost to be or sound a certain way where as with the new one I just feel like I can do plenty more and learn more and get a lot more from it, really enjoying it

Think your spot on with the Les Paul I think I felt a pressure almost to be or sound a certain way where as with the new one I just feel like I can do plenty more and learn more and get a lot more from it, really enjoying it

Nice Axe! - loved the Epi and the tone of it, but the Tele (even cheap) was a revelation - far nicer to play, natural shape ... now I find the LP is just plain heavy and cumbersome. Pics to follow once moderated, but I has:

Peavey Strat (FS, cos I have one too many)
Danelectro 59 (Possibly FS)
Epiphone Les Paul (90's Samick)
Harley Benton Hollowbody (HB guitars are cracking bits of kit for the cash)
2018 Custom Shop Baja Tele

Harley Benton Bass arrives tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Back