Post a pic of your axe

Mine cost £1350! ;)

Yeah Martin D28. I’m still learning and nowhere near good enough to play it but made the mistake of playing one of the new ones in Guitar Guitar and now I’m hooked.

Second hand or did you buy it new in the 80s?:lol:

Yeah Martin D28. I’m still learning and nowhere near good enough to play it but made the mistake of playing one of the new ones in Guitar Guitar and now I’m hooked.

Second hand or did you buy it new in the 80s?:lol:
Brand spankin! 1998 mate! I love it..keep gannin' you'll get there one day My Guild is problees older than you?

Gator picks. Will take a look at those though.

I have three: a 1.5mm polished, a 2mm polished, and a 3mm master finish. The polished ones glide across the strings with no pick noise and so are great for gentle playing, whereas the master finish pick has a finely roughened edge that makes a nice edgy "digging in" sound suitable for louder stuff. They're expensive but very strong and resilient. Not to be thrown into the audience!! :lol:

When I'm playing acoustic anything thicker than .60 bounces off the strings. Don't think I could go thicker just yet. Appreciate this is down to technique as most people play with thicker picks on acoustic. They sound a bit flappy the Dunlop 50s but its better sounding than going thicker for now.

When I'm playing acoustic anything thicker than .60 bounces off the strings. Don't think I could go thicker just yet. Appreciate this is down to technique as most people play with thicker picks on acoustic. They sound a bit flappy the Dunlop 50s but its better sounding than going thicker for now.
Do they? I doubt it.

I would tend to stick with the grey ones....

Logon or register to see this image

I'd use a heaver plectrum for electric guitar.

Back