Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of the day, Speakman seems to know what hes doing and Johnson seems a sensible appointment rather then a big name risky one or a no name terrible appointment. The footballing side of things has been stagnant for years. I'm all for the fresh approach. Lets get behind them and judge them at the end of the season!

No can do, soz!

Because he's a pathetic little yes man. No half-decent manager/coach would have agreed to work under these conditions, with Speakman telling him how high to jump.
You’re describing Parkinson there like. What a f***ing HORRIBLE man he was and always will be. Thank fuck he’s gone, Johnson will be a lot better.

in which case they weren't the right candidates. We are not recruiting a manager; we are recruiting a head coach to work to the SpD's remit.

Of course they were the right candidates. It's this ridiculous trendy new managerial structure that is the problem. That's how we've ended up with serial failure Johnson. We should have been recruiting a new manager, with Speakman nowhere near the process. Instead we get the pathetic little yes man grovelling to the SpD's commands.

Of course they were the right candidates. It's this ridiculous trendy new managerial structure that is the problem. That's how we've ended up with serial failure Johnson. We should have been recruiting a new manager, with Speakman nowhere near the process. Instead we get the pathetic little yes man grovelling to the SpD's commands.
:lol: Again, you’re describing PP. Donald’s little bitch.

Have you seen Parkinson's in the Championship? He's had Bristol City overachieving compared to the previous 20 years, when they've been a yo-yo club between the second and third tiers.

As with all managers that have joined the club, I'll get behind them but it is a very disappointing and underwhelming appointment.

I'm finding it very difficult to be positive tbh.

I don't think I was deluded into thinking Pearson was realistic, or Poyet was a good idea or anything like that either. I'm on board with the sporting director, seems a good hire and a good idea.

But given the four candidates perhaps interviewed I'd have had them all before Johnson. Yes, including Sol f***ing Campbell.

Cool and Cowley would have been good. Both, particularly the latter, might have had a really high ceiling. Johnson? The evidence is in: he's mediocre.

The main positive is the takeover has happened or happening, seems pretty clear with Sporting Director appointment. I think this is a massive fuck-up, but we can go again in the future and correct it. Wasn't clear we had a future worth bothering with, under Donald.
The positive is that its not a bad appointment.
Its only a negative as you , like me , hoped it was someone else.

Because he's a pathetic little yes man. No half-decent manager/coach would have agreed to work under these conditions, with Speakman telling him how high to jump.
Have you seen the news? Unless I've missed something we've appointed a Sporting Director and are now looking at a head coach to work alongside him. How does that equal a yes man?

So what do we do? This is the structure the new owners want and sounds like they’ll invest in. If Poyet / Cowleys etc. won’t work in that structure then they aren’t suitable and he finds someone who will.

Whether Johnson is going to work remains to be seen. At least for once though the club looks like it is trying to put a structure in place and trying to plan longer term instead of the short term bollocks that’s failed for a long time.

Give him a chance, if he fails as badly as a lot of you suggest you can say i told you so

Positives?

The takeover is happening and I like the sound of the Speakman who seems ideal for us. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end as out of all the available candidates, if we appoint Johnson we'll have appointed the most uninspiring and bang average of the lot. Totally stupid appointment that will end in failure. Missed opportunity again.

I'm far from happy, I wanted Poyet or Pearson but we've got to give him a chance.

I can’t imagine anyone won’t, this place gets confused between those who are frustrated at yet another wasted opportunity to those happy at any old change.
To me, it’s a poor choice.
Fuck knows what’s it’s based on because I can’t find any positives that would hold up unless it’s a Tory minister dishing them out to the minions who say nowt

in which case they weren't the right candidates. We are not recruiting a manager; we are recruiting a head coach to work to the SpD's remit.

let's just hope that there's some magic way of producing the players for said head coach come January,either way, it's up and running

You should have gone off to the dinosaur retirement home with Parky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back