Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

We never f***ing learn man. Lets give the new setup a chance! lets get behind the new manager! yada yada yada. Criticise and chastise any fan that goes against the grain, then when it proves to be shit, call for a change and forget about the shit you gave the supposed negative fans previously. This is a shit nomark appointment yet again, from a supposed improved football structure at the club! Lets go again! 🤦🏼‍♂️
I'm with you on the Johnson appointment but there's fuck all we can do about it is there? It pissed me off when it came out this afternoon, not going to deny that. What else can you do than hope he 'gets' it up here and has a blast!🤞🤞🤞
Nigel Pearson's win percentage at his last three clubs were 21%, 32% and 32% but no one brings that up.
Did yous consider Pearson?

What parade would that be?
I didn't want him either but it looks like he's our man, I'm just looking for positives.

There aren't any. It's clear he was probably 4th, 5th or even 6th choice and is only getting the job most likely because he's another yes man who is willing to work under a sporting director.

Quite clear the other main candidates weren't keen on this.
Nigel Pearson's win percentage at his last three clubs were 21%, 32% and 32% but no one brings that up.

Didn't want him either so not sure why you brought that up.

Last edited:
There aren't any. It's clear he was probably 4th, 5th or even 6th choice and is only getting the job most likely because he's another yes man who is willing to work under a sporting director.

Fair enough.

in which case they weren't the right candidates. We are not recruiting a manager; we are recruiting a head coach to work to the SpD's remit.

It looks like Johnson is the man so can we stop with all the negative stuff and focus on his positives.

I'll start.
At 39 he's still young and will have gained good experience managing at a higher level than we are now.
I can’t even see how he got as far as an interview ? Done absolutely nothing in management so far apart from a month long cup run 😳 it’s an appointment bereft of any positives for me, the fact that he gets the job ahead of both Cook and the Cowleys is a massive negative.

Last edited:
in which case they weren't the right candidates. We are not recruiting a manager; we are recruiting a head coach to work to the SpD's remit.

Judging from his interview, he's going to be heavily involved with decisions regarding player recruitment. I simply can't see managers/head coaches whatever you want to call them having the patience to accept and put up with that.

Judging from his interview, he's going to be heavily involved with decisions regarding player recruitment. I simply can't see managers/head coaches whatever you want to call them having the patience to accept and put up with that.

Tough on them. Coaches on the continent have worked like this for decades, and more and more clubs here are going down this route, Coaches are going to have to come to terms with it.

Why do we hate Johnson again? I'm lost me, seems a decent appointment. Was there better names thrown around? Yeah sure, for whatever reason they haven't came about. Might as well give whoever is appointed a chance. It's not like he's some League One dinosaur.

End of the day, Speakman seems to know what hes doing and Johnson seems a sensible appointment rather then a big name risky one or a no name terrible appointment. The footballing side of things has been stagnant for years. I'm all for the fresh approach. Lets get behind them and judge them at the end of the season!

Tough on them. Coaches on the continent have worked like this for decades, and more and more clubs here are going down this route, Coaches are going to have to come to terms with it.

So, in other words, we're about to appoint another yes man who incidentally has a worse win percentage than our previous manager 🤦‍♂️

The big positive is the new approach and the suggestion it’s part of a takeover which should come soon. Sporting director speaks very well and the vision is a sound one.

Not thrilled with Johnson but as he looks likely to be the choice I will say that he obviously demonstrated he is the one most suited to the actual role.

Looking forward to attacking football, getting out of this league and taking the rest from there.

SO the other option is to just be negative form the very beginning without knowing how it will go? What is the point in that? I said it on another thread, I want to enjoy it again and if that means just taking a chance and a leap of faith in this appointment, then so be it. I don't see the point if it's just going to be another thing that gets me down - there's f***ing tons of that already.

Don't get to upbeat marra... Expect the worst but hope for the best and you'll not be disappointed.

A couple of weeks ago I was starting to think “ if we’re going to be shit at least do it with some youth and pace so there’s a chance things will get better eventually”. Speakman and Johnson will do that as a bare minimum and things will improve. It seems there is a progressive football plan and that long term youth development is a fundamental part of that. That’s all positive, just might need to be a bit more patient than we’d hoped.

All he needs to do is get us scoring goals and then we'll go up. He doesn't need to be the next SAF.

I can’t even see how he got as far as an interview ? Done absolutely nothing in management so far apart from a month long cup run 😳 it’s an appointment bereft of any positives for me, the fact that he gets the job ahead of both Cook and the Cowleys is a massive negative.

Because he's a pathetic little yes man. No half-decent manager/coach would have agreed to work under these conditions, with Speakman telling him how high to jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back