Positives

It looks like Johnson is the man so can we stop with all the negative stuff and focus on his positives.

I'll start.
At 39 he's still young and will have gained good experience managing at a higher level than we are now.

I'll follow; I won't be tempted from my sofa and Jeff Stelling on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm finding it very difficult to be positive tbh.

I don't think I was deluded into thinking Pearson was realistic, or Poyet was a good idea or anything like that either. I'm on board with the sporting director, seems a good hire and a good idea.

But given the four candidates perhaps interviewed I'd have had them all before Johnson. Yes, including Sol Campbell.

Cool and Cowley would have been good. Both, particularly the latter, might have had a really high ceiling. Johnson? The evidence is in: he's mediocre.

The main positive is the takeover has happened or happening, seems pretty clear with Sporting Director appointment. I think this is a massive f-up, but we can go again in the future and correct it. Wasn't clear we had a future worth bothering with, under Donald.

A sporting director and a head coach suggest a definite plan, and hopefully a long term one; the sporting director has experience, a good reputation and spent a long, long time at his former club, suggesting the plan is a long term one.

The head coach seems to fit the bill of being a tactician, rather than a manager. He'll supposedly play attacking football, but will research the opposition thoroughly and adapt accordingly. This will mean much chopping and changing, which will produce good runs of results when he gets it right, but poor runs too as chopping and changing naturally leads to inconsistencies.

The head coach also seems to favour youth, and there seems to be a strategy which will see them both on the same wavelength.

Something like that?

I understand that after the last God-knows-how-long we're all pretty battered, bruised and worn down, but f***ing hell man this board is littered with the most negative people that walk the earth.
We never f***ing learn man. Lets give the new setup a chance! lets get behind the new manager! yada yada yada. Criticise and chastise any fan that goes against the grain, then when it proves to be shit, call for a change and forget about the shit you gave the supposed negative fans previously. This is a shit nomark appointment yet again, from a supposed improved football structure at the club! Lets go again! 🤦🏼‍♂️

We never f***ing learn man. Lets give the new setup a chance! lets get behind the new manager! yada yada yada. Criticise and chastise any fan that goes against the grain, then when it proves to be shit, call for a change and forget about the shit you gave the supposed negative fans previously. This is a shit nomark appointment yet again, from a supposed improved football structure at the club! Lets go again! 🤦🏼‍♂️
SO the other option is to just be negative form the very beginning without knowing how it will go? What is the point in that? I said it on another thread, I want to enjoy it again and if that means just taking a chance and a leap of faith in this appointment, then so be it. I don't see the point if it's just going to be another thing that gets me down - there's f***ing tons of that already.

It looks like Johnson is the man so can we stop with all the negative stuff and focus on his positives.

I'll start.
At 39 he's still young and will have gained good experience managing at a higher level than we are now.
I'm quietly happy it looks like we have a strategy in place ofcourse we need promotion in the short term but also pleased seemingly we are finally going to have a long term plan

Its quite odd that after years of misdirection from our club owner(s) we find our soon to be new owner putting together a proper club structure that is a huge shift from what we are familiar with yet people choose to find negativity in it. Harsh reality - the normal bread and butter approach hasnt worked here for years. Its time for change!!
Yes i agree,ive got to admit to literally feeling like vomiting but after a few beers and a Netflix this my take.Firstly there is nowt we can do about this so we have to back him.Secondly it looks like we are trying to break the never ending torture by going another route.Thirdly my fear that there would be no incoming investment seems to have no foundation as KLD has liked it on some social platform.So its time to put the pitchforks away and as always hope for the best.It seems a long time since my dad had to explain to me in 1958 what relegation was,im weary and just hope this time it works for us HTL

Back