Positives from the Hartlepool game and the last 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Our concerns about Mannone were shared by Grayson and action is being taken

2) Maja continues to impress and showed some bottle stepping up for the penalty

3) Kone surely has now done enough to convince Grayson that he wants out so we can stop wasting valuable time playing him in these games.

4) Browning showed some promise

5) Lens continues to show obvious quality and there maybe early signs that he isn't in a total strop but I guess he may be just playing for his move.

6) Stryjek is showing that he could be ready to be a 2nd choice keeper

There are plenty of negatives floating around but it's nice to focus on the positives sometimes.

Maja has been a massive plus so far. Really impressed with him

Asoro looks lost and a little weak at times, but he does have a turn of pace and skill

Could be a breakthrough season for them both.

I'm only going off the highlights mind, anyone with an opinion who's been to a few of the games?

3) Kone surely has now done enough to convince Grayson that he wants out so we can stop wasting valuable time playing him in these games.

5) Lens continues to show obvious quality and there maybe early signs that he isn't in a total strop but I guess he may be just playing for his move.

There are plenty of negatives floating around but it's nice to focus on the positives sometimes.
Gerrin

Haway man marra keep it positive man on a positive thread

I was impressed with Browning last night. Looks quick and quite strong.
Maja looks a long way physically ahead of Asoro who imo needs a loan out somewhere.
Stryjek looks more than capable.

If Lens is certain to be away, whats the point of playing him in these games? I'm hoping he's indicated a desire to stay.

1) and 6) are sort of related but I like your list nonetheless.

If Lens is certain to be away, whats the point of playing him in these games? I'm hoping he's indicated a desire to stay.
If he plays for the whole of August and gets 5 points then it's right. Kone on the other hand seems to be having the opposite impact. I'd stop playing him now.

I very much doubt he has indicated a desire to stay, but that's not to say it won't happen. It needs a club to come in with a decent bid.

Lens: I want to leave.

Grayson: You can go, I won't stand in your way. (So he keeps the player on side with him personally).

Lens: I'll pack my bags.

Grayson: Fine. Just one thing though ... those money men upstairs value you at £Xm. As soon as that is met, we'll happily say au revoir. Oh, and while you're still here, (before or after the window shuts), it's in everybody's best interests that you give your best for Sunderland. It'll help you get that move ...

Anyone drawing positives from that performance last night is living in Cloud Cuckoo Clappy Land.

Don't think anybody's arguing that it was anything other than poor over all.

But Maja in particular, and also Browning were positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back