Positive covid test

I’m the opposite, felt like shite all week so took a pcr test yesterday and it came back negative. I’m glad I don’t have to isolate but frustrated that I have no idea why I feel like shite.

I’m the opposite, felt like shite all week so took a pcr test yesterday and it came back negative. I’m glad I don’t have to isolate but frustrated that I have no idea why I feel like shite.
Same for my mrs who was ill last week, done several tests and all negative. This week I just thought I’d caught what she had. But I was DJing at a gig on Sunday and my mate who was with me got pinged and after taking a test confirmed he’s got Covid. That’s what made me do a test yesterday and I’m the same. Feels like flu - aches, hot and cold sweats, sore throat etc. Rough as fcuk.

Thought I had flu but it’s confirmed Covid-19. Here comes days of boredom :( anyone else currently in the same boat?
Tested positive this morning. Son caught it from school and tested positive on Sunday. The rest of us in the house tested negative on PCR Monday, but I was feeling ropey Tues/Weds and got a 2nd PCR - positive result came through this morning

Double jabbed so feels no more than a summer cold, but pissed off I'm in isolation for an extra week now.....
Take a 2nd one in a couple of days if you still feel shit.

Tested positive this morning. Son caught it from school and tested positive on Sunday. The rest of us in the house tested negative on PCR Monday, but I was feeling ropey Tues/Weds and got a 2nd PCR - positive result came through this morning

Double jabbed so feels no more than a summer cold, but pissed off I'm in isolation for an extra week now.....

Take a 2nd one in a couple of days if you still feel shit.
When I had it in January I told the fella I work with straight away as he was vulnerable and his wife ECV. He had a PCR test that day and was negative, I spoke to him a couple of days later and he said he was OK, just coughing a bit and knackered so I told him to get back home and have another test which turned out positive. A young lad that worked with us had all the same symptoms and ended up having at least three PCR tests and yet all came back negative.

When I had it in January I told the fella I work with straight away as he was vulnerable and his wife ECV. He had a PCR test that day and was negative, I spoke to him a couple of days later and he said he was OK, just coughing a bit and knackered so I told him to get back home and have another test which turned out positive. A young lad that worked with us had all the same symptoms and ended up having at least three PCR tests and yet all came back negative.
It's clearly not an exact science and those LFT aren't all they are cracked up to be. Even this morning I'm still testing negative on them(!)

Had to guilt trip my parents into getting PCR (My Dad is one of the "can't tell me what to do" generation) but they are both getting them today. My in-laws are point blank refusing to get tested stating they "have been isolating anyway" (bullshit) since seeing me and my son last Weds. In reality, they don't want their weekend away ruined by having to isolate - ignoring the fact that they could be putting their son, daughter-in-law and 3 Grandchildren at risk - not to mention all the other patrons of the Hotel they are going to

Some people are just c*nts

It's clearly not an exact science and those LFT aren't all they are cracked up to be. Even this morning I'm still testing negative on them(!)

Had to guilt trip my parents into getting PCR (My Dad is one of the "can't tell me what to do" generation) but they are both getting them today. My in-laws are point blank refusing to get tested stating they "have been isolating anyway" (bullshit) since seeing me and my son last Weds. In reality, they don't want their weekend away ruined by having to isolate - ignoring the fact that they could be putting their son, daughter-in-law and 3 Grandchildren at risk - not to mention all the other patrons of the Hotel they are going to

Agreed, My Lad had Covid at the same time as the rest of us, he was first to have a test and had a lateral flow at a proper NHS testing centre, which came out negative. The following day he was still coughing so had a PCR and was positive and that triggered the rest of us to get tested. If his LFT had been positive it would have allowed him and myself to isolate earlier and possibly not pass it on to others at work and the Fella I worked with may not have lost his wife to it.

Thought I had flu but it’s confirmed Covid-19. Here comes days of boredom :( anyone else currently in the same boat?
I got it after the Ukraine game I believe.
Symptoms kicked in towards the end of that week.
I needed paracetamol twice for a headache.
Smell and taste went for 4 days.
The main thing that I struggled with was the tiredness. It done my head in.
I think sitting about didn't help.

I took:
20000iu of Vitamin D
Vitamin C with Zinc drink.
Resveratol.
Probiotics.
Ate blueberries everyday.
Made smoothies from frozen fruit and greens.
Plenty water.

Copious amounts of alcohol for the final.
I'd say overall it lasted about a week.

I hope you shift it soon.

Just out of isolation today - felt ok for most of it just slight cough but tiredness kicked in last few days.
Luckily was working from home so had plenty to keep me occupied & with good weather last week kids were ok out in garden most the time.

My mate went to Silverstone off the back of five negative lateral flow tests. 4 of us tested positive from the same gathering we attended.

Some people just don’t want to be told

My mate went to Silverstone off the back of five negative lateral flow tests. 4 of us tested positive from the same gathering we attended.

Some people just don’t want to be told
Oh, my Brother in Law was at Silverstone too. So he'll no doubt have his own germs to bring to the party.

I had the same 3 weeks ago mate. Few lasses I was out with tested positive 2 days later, we all had same symptoms, I tested negative. Isolated anyway like but used to be walking 5 or 6 mile a day and currently struggling to get anywhere near that. Got a weird smell constantly in my nose anorl. Very strange.

Agreed, My Lad had Covid at the same time as the rest of us, he was first to have a test and had a lateral flow at a proper NHS testing centre, which came out negative. The following day he was still coughing so had a PCR and was positive and that triggered the rest of us to get tested. If his LFT had been positive it would have allowed him and myself to isolate earlier and possibly not pass it on to others at work and the Fella I worked with may not have lost his wife to it.
The lateral flows aren’t worth the effort, absolutely terrible tests from experience. Might as well just toss a coin, had a good few experiences in my family when they’ve said the opposite to PCRs and caused more issues than they’re worth

I had the same 3 weeks ago mate. Few lasses I was out with tested positive 2 days later, we all had same symptoms, I tested negative. Isolated anyway like but used to be walking 5 or 6 mile a day and currently struggling to get anywhere near that. Got a weird smell constantly in my nose anorl. Very strange.

That weird smell goes after two or three days and your senses start returning in fits and starts.

I’m not back to full capacity but our lass lit an incense stick today that I could smell from upstairs when a few days earlier I couldn’t smell me own farts

That weird smell goes after two or three days and your senses start returning in fits and starts.

I’m not back to full capacity but our lass lit an incense stick today that I could smell from upstairs when a few days earlier I couldn’t smell me own farts

Hopefully it does like as I keep thinking I stink but clearly don't.

What smelly was it? Can't beat them.

Feeling a bit better today, the cough has increased but the hot/cold shivers have subsided and aches have gone. Hopefully out from the worst of it.

Back