Portsmouth sold 800 tickets for sat

Let's face it, both sets of away support was similar for last season's games - you bought over 3k to Fratton in December, we bought over 3k up at SoL for the league game. We both had around 1200 for the play-offs. All attendances apart from the playoff at the SoL (26k) were virtual sell outs for both fans.

I dont think anyone was complaining we wouldn't have enough tickets, we were never going to sell out for a midday kickoff the other end of the country on live TV.

It was more the fact the club made a specific example of us (and Coventry) when every other club in the league with smaller grounds and less facilities doesnt have an issue. Even then, it was fair comment after what happened last few games.

Still a seat for each cheek for ye twenty clemmas.....

Don't get slating fans for following their clubs, the ones copping shit for this should be SKY, yet again, absolutely no consideration for fans whatsoever.

Anyone irrespective of whether they support Newcastle, Portsmouth, Lincoln or Chelsea deserve the praise for clicking a turnstile and putting their money where their mouths are when they could just as easily sit at home or watch in the pub.

I'll never slate anyone for supporting their club, maybe their attitudes and behaviour but never for bothering their arse when so many others couldn't give a toss.

Decent away following tbh and probably their proper supporters.

Sadly their support at ours last season in the league was hi-jacked by day trip wankers

Still look forward to our matches v Yourselves, currently living in Perth Australia, will be watching on sky in a bar, several S,land fans will be in there, we both wear our respective shirts, take the pi$$ have a laugh and no matter what the result its all banter, should be interesting game, we settling in few players and a bit more attacking last 2 games ( thank God ). Though suspect KJ may show you guys more respect and revert back to defensive play. either way, hope for the full blooded game, and no tossers from our lot will be at SOL as they cant get up that early to get there. Heres to a good game that shows the country real football is outside the prem.

Still look forward to our matches v Yourselves, currently living in Perth Australia, will be watching on sky in a bar, several S,land fans will be in there, we both wear our respective shirts, take the pi$$ have a laugh and no matter what the result its all banter, should be interesting game, we settling in few players and a bit more attacking last 2 games ( thank God ). Though suspect KJ may show you guys more respect and revert back to defensive play. either way, hope for the full blooded game, and no tossers from our lot will be at SOL as they cant get up that early to get there. Heres to a good game that shows the country real football is outside the prem.
I was in Perth in 1992.
Amazing city, more easy going and laid back than Sydney or Melbourne, which was ok by me.
We had a few cracking nights out, over in Northbridge.

Shows Sky up for what they are and how much they care about the travelling fans thinking this fixture is suitable for an early kick off. We’ve had it done to ourselves for matches on the south coast and it isn’t on, but they don’t give a fuck.

My initial thought was Sky May have been asked if they would consider showing the game to prevent further trouble?
But then I cane round to my senses

You didn't sell out a more important game 3 months ago.

We still brought more than 1k. Difference being you couldn't get there and back in the same day. You can get the 8am train from kings cross Saturday morning.

Shite following for your biggest game of the season

Let's face it, both sets of away support was similar for last season's games - you bought over 3k to Fratton in December, we bought over 3k up at SoL for the league game. We both had around 1200 for the play-offs. All attendances apart from the playoff at the SoL (26k) were virtual sell outs for both fans.

You failed to mention we sold out all our away games with circa 8k fans attending Blackpool. You didn't.

Back