Portsmouth fans today

Yeah it’s good, but It doesn’t give us the right to criticise proper fans of other clubs.

Dear me. I can't believe you actually had a go at our support. Our numbers for league one are unparalleled. Sheff Utd only had a little over 30k there for their PL clash today.

Last edited:
Dear me. I can't believe you actually had a go at our support. Our numbers for league one are unparalleled. Sheff Utd only had a little over 30k there for their PL clash today.

I credit those who went, proper supporters like myself who don’t care what division we are in.

It was the comments regarding Portsmouth fans not singing I was really referring to. They deserve credit for going yesterday, not stick for not singing.

I credit those who went, proper supporters like myself who don’t care what division we are in.

It was the comments regarding Portsmouth fans not singing I was really referring to. They deserve credit for going yesterday, not stick for not singing.

Mate it's just a bit banter. I can't understand why some feel the need to be best mates with the away fans and in doing so hold them up on a pedestal whilst having a dig at our own supporters.

Big deal Portsmouth brought 1k fans up. Yes, great some of their fans travelled. Was it really deserving of praise? Had they sold out and sang all game, yes fair enough, but they didn't. They're also quick to have a go at us and I haven't seen any of them give us any credit whatsoever. I saw some actually having the audacity to say 29k wasn't good :lol: maybe it wasn't good for the standards we've set, but they might never see a 29k home support in their lives. They certainly won't experience 47k.

Mate it's just a bit banter. I can't understand why some feel the need to be best mates with the away fans and in doing so hold them up on a pedestal whilst having a dig at our own supporters.

Big deal Portsmouth brought 1k fans up. Yes, great some of their fans travelled. Was it really deserving of praise? Had they sold out and sang all game, yes fair enough, but they didn't. They're also quick to have a go at us and I haven't seen any of them give us any credit whatsoever. I saw some actually having the audacity to say 29k wasn't good :lol: maybe it wasn't good for the standards we've set, but they might never see a 29k home support in their lives. They certainly won't experience 47k.

Let’s stop acting all billy big bollocks over attendances please. Leave that to those crackers up the road.

Let’s stop acting all billy big bollocks over attendances please. Leave that to those crackers up the road.

Agree with you Adam. Totally.

Unfortunately it will never happen on here, you are fighting a losing battle, suggest you move away from that subject

Im only concerned about results.... not who has the biggest cock...

Our support was criticised by various other clubs last season, including Portsmouth ...
... but we can't respond?

I don't understand the logic tbh.

Me neither. Then you have gimps in the media like Lineker having a go at our fans whilst conveniently forgetting why we might have felt aggrieved and frustrated.

The numbers and loyalty after suffering a double relegation and then failing to get promoted have been nothing short of amazing.

Aye, 6 points adrift of Norwich in april 2016, 1230 ko on sky and we take over 2k to Norwich, great awayday and "clockwise" moment @Bladecat

Your sat nav didn't take us to Norwich via Hull Paragon Station ( I'm a mine of useless information, and that was the station where John Cleese got on the wrong train in said film)

Come off it.
Why this big club bollocks with great fans etc.
Sunderland and Portsmouth both have cracking support home and away so why this constant battle?
Just look at the facts in the attendances of both clubs and the amount of support you get home and away. Both respective clubs have hit tough times but both average crowds are constant with good numbers.

It’s all relative and every club has its loyal hardcore. For someone who travels I respect both clubs and can only imagine what it is like to play in front of crowds like that week in and week out.

Back