Portsmouth fans today

Were you there to see it? Will it happen again in your lifetime? Which is sort of the points you’ve missed. By a mile. Like your new striker did on Saturday.

I assume we're all talking about posters, on this board, when we say 'you'.

As it happens I met a lovely old lady at a family funeral in Chopwell recently, she was at Wembley in 1955.

The only Mag I've ever met who's seen them celebrate a cup at Wembley.
No I haven’t missed any points .. the statement reads .. ‘they will certainly never experience 47k’. And I’m simply telling you that Portsmouth supporters have experienced. For example my grandad was there and he still goes today .. it’s one of his earliest memories from Fratton park

The preceding sentence, you chose not to post, clearly places the comment in the future ...

but they might never see a 29k home support in their lives.

Last edited:

Now ... I’m just saying this to help you out but in 1949 we had a club record attendance of 51,385 at Fratton park. I’m not saying it to suggest we are bigger than you. But merely because you said the above statement.
Translated into English :
I am bored as I am a house husband, tell you what, I'll go on those there Sunderland message boards and give it the billy big bollocks about how big a club Pompey is, 20,000 locked out each home fixture you know.

As it happens I met a lovely old lady at a family funeral in Chopwell recently, she was at Wembley in 1955.

I think it’s great that she’s around to tell the tale. Football has so many ways of making memories for all people of all ages. For all different reasons... I do however find the Newcastle fans peculiar in their reasoning or logic. I mean.. mr Ashley may not be anyone’s cup of tea but he hasn’t done anything ‘bad’ per say? I mean he bought them and he obviously has money behind him and he has spent a vast amount of money throughout his tenure... and then there’s clubs like Portsmouth.. we got bought by a man that nobody had ever seen has still never been seen to this day.. how many clubs do you know that have been bought by a ghost 😂
Translated into English :
I am bored as I am a house husband, tell you what, I'll go on those there Sunderland message boards and give it the billy big bollocks about how big a club Pompey is, 20,000 locked out each home fixture you know.
Oops here’s captain pugwash. I’m actually on my tea break. Been baking fairy cakes all morning. It’s a sweaty business

Last edited:
Honestly?

I think Portsmouth got used to being the big fish in the small ponds and didn’t like a bigger one turning up.

Probably right. Looking back a few “big” clubs have lost their way and fallen into the so called pond but they never stay around that long before they climb back to where they belong.
Always consider Swindon a League One club (as the Leagues are now) with aspirations to try and establish themselves in the Championship. That alone will be a challenge and without doubt will need some fundamental changes both on and off the field.
For now we have a half decent team providing we don’t get hit by injuries and just feeling positive before each game is one great feeling.
Credit to Wellens for signing some quality players.

They fans really come across as having a chip on their shoulder because we are now the big fish in the league one little pond...Sad but true...

They fans really come across as having a chip on their shoulder because we are now the big fish in the league one little pond...Sad but true...
Good luck to you I say. I’d follow Pompey in the evostik I just love my club. I welcome another big club down in these parts. It’s been boring on our own

The preceding sentence, you chose not to post, clearly places the comment in the future ...

but they might never see a 29k home support in their lives.
I was referring to him directly Riv.

Wembley did it for a lot of people.

We all went down for a daft weekend away, a few drinks and a fairly innocuous trophy.

They treated it like a vital away game at Southampton.

Absolutely no need to behave like that, all respect lost in my case.
Hoying stuff at our place and the fight with O9 anarl

It’s all good but for what it’s worth you are right. Even if/when we get a new ground I’d imagine 35k maximum. I don’t particularly even want to leave Fratton
We didn’t really want to leave Roker park, but it had to be done.nigh on broke my heart walking away from that ground knowing I’d never go back there.
Do you think you’ll get a new ground in the foreseeable future? And if so , whereabouts in the city?

We didn’t really want to leave Roker park, but it had to be done.nigh on broke my heart walking away from that ground knowing I’d never go back there.
Do you think you’ll get a new ground in the foreseeable future? And if so , whereabouts in the city?
I don’t know to be fair... we’ve had so many broken promises I pretty much give up caring/believing until the foundations go down. Even then I’d be dubious until I was in my new seat 😂 I would imagine if we were to move location it wouldn’t be so in the heart of the city though due to traffic congestion

Avril Lavigne wanker

Are you five years old?
People are proud of their support and annoyed when it's criticised ...
... what a shocker eh?

But are first to put the boot into fellow football fans who have travelled the length of the country for a lunchtime kick off. I’d hate us to get a reputation like the mags for being egotistical bigots.

Last edited:
No need to slag anyones support, especially in this league. We have a large fan base and so do Pompey. Todays game for them was a right twat, and it has happened to us a lot in the past where kick off times and days have been changed.

It's worse up here as our transport network is shite and too expensive.

You are having a f***ing laugh about the transport network and expense, try moving to f***ing Exeter

Back