Portsmouth at home

I tried to edit my post! I am confused!

Pedigree is listed as an English pale ale.

English Pale Ale

I don’t know the difference between a bitter, draught ale and pale ale. I should be shot. I have lived in a brewery town my entire life.
There's even different types of pale ale, only recently started drinking it again. Had switched to cider years ago, had a bad pint of John Smiths in the Wheatsheaf, was fking ill with it. Actually had a pint of John Smiths in the Wheatsheaf yesterday, first one in about 7 or 8 years, so I conquered the fear yesterday.
:lol::lol:

Edit 2: no difference between pale ale and bitter. Logging off from here to do more beer research.

Bitter vs Pale Ale

There's even different types of pale ale, only recently started drinking it again. Had switched to cider years ago, had a bad pint of John Smiths in the Wheatsheaf, was fking ill with it. Actually had a pint of John Smiths in the Wheatsheaf yesterday, first one in about 7 or 8 years, so I conquered the fear yesterday.
Thanks for the replies mate, glad you won in the end! I was shocked when someone in the NE asked for a pint of scotch and I assumed that it was whisky and he’d be killed!!!

Last edited:
The decision went for us there, but we've had many games where Hawkins has been pulled all over the place by Neanderthal defenders and he's been given nothing for 90 minutes. Some you win, some you lose. Some refs would've given a pen against you yesterday when it was still 1-0 I believe.
Gooch away you're boring me shitless

The campaign against Pompey has been real all season. Particularly when it has come to the 4 blatant offside goals scored against us as well as every defender in the league deciding that they want to frame Oli Hawkins’ shirt. That we’ve won 3 of those 4 games days more about our ability to overcome the cheating by the officials. There is also the cheating done by Luton and Plymouth away which cost us earlier during our bad run with their dives on the edge of our box for free kicks which were scored.

The referee yesterday favoured Burton all game. That he missed the most blatant of handballs by Thompson in the build up to the goal summed him up for a genuine incompetent as I’m sure he couldn’t wait to disallow it but had no evidence to do so. Ironically enough, the only other time I think we’ve caught a break all season was in the home game against Burton, where the lino missed a blatant throw-in in their favour at 1-2. We won a corner from that and scored. Every single of the 8 pens we’ve had has been stone wall. I can’t say that for at least 4 of the pens given against us. We’ve had 7 given against in total.

I’ve no doubt, the referee will be have every reason to join in with the game at the SOL as he’ll have a baying home crowd to hide behind. Knowing that will be the case, our job is to look after what we can do and again show our quality.
There only quality you ever see is at Xmas on the top of a tin of bloody chocolates. ...f***ing nugget

Last edited:
You know the answer
Halfway House

Back