Portraits - Looking for Feeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the complete fuck around with the bank. Seems I'm not allowed to spend my own money these days!

Should be sorted out end of the week. Want it before I go Berlin.

Not good that mate... fingers crossed you'll sort it out in time

Not good that mate... fingers crossed you'll sort it out in time

giving me a load of rubbish really. said available funds was enough for the camera. Now it isn't, went to by a remote for 6 quid and amazon are saying they are having difficulty processing it.

If its the same tomorrow I'm going to bank again. went yesterday and they said it was fine.

giving me a load of rubbish really. said available funds was enough for the camera. Now it isn't, went to by a remote for 6 quid and amazon are saying they are having difficulty processing it.

If its the same tomorrow I'm going to bank again. went yesterday and they said it was fine.

Have you checked your bank statement on-line to see if someones robbed your account?

It's happened to me twice this year already, and just noticed £80 has come out that I don't remember spending, however it's not showing up in the transactions yet just the overall balance... Will be livid if I've been robebd again!

Think it's the dangers of buying so much on-line

Have you checked your bank statement on-line to see if someones robbed your account?

It's happened to me twice this year already, and just noticed £80 has come out that I don't remember spending, however it's not showing up in the transactions yet just the overall balance... Will be livid if I've been robebd again!

Think it's the dangers of buying so much on-line

nah, i use it all the time and check it. i got a phone call yesterday from ones of HSBC's fantastic foreign call centres. Couldn't understand a word of what this guy said then when I quoted the reference number he didn't have a clue.

They've done it to me before. I'm all for trying to stop fraud but not when I'm just trying to spend a bit of cash!

I'll go to the bank tomorrow and tell them (again) that its me trying to make the transactions.

Does anyone know if you make a payment with paypal then cancel it, how long does it take to re credit the account? nothings come out of my internet account but I'm thinking my money is in transit somewhere in cyber space, thus in theory, meaning I don't have the funds and my screen is lying to me.

nah, i use it all the time and check it. i got a phone call yesterday from ones of HSBC's fantastic foreign call centres. Couldn't understand a word of what this guy said then when I quoted the reference number he didn't have a clue.

They've done it to me before. I'm all for trying to stop fraud but not when I'm just trying to spend a bit of cash!

I'll go to the bank tomorrow and tell them (again) that its me trying to make the transactions.

Does anyone know if you make a payment with paypal then cancel it, how long does it take to re credit the account? nothings come out of my internet account but I'm thinking my money is in transit somewhere in cyber space, thus in theory, meaning I don't have the funds and my screen is lying to me.

Don't know tbh, I guess it depends on if they've already given the money to the company before you've cancelled? Might be a few days if they've already passed it on... maybe more

sounds like you're on an account where by they don't expect you to be drawing a grand to an online retailer every couple days. Out of character spending they call it iirc.

I think the retailer who is trying to take your money will get a refferal and you're supposed to phone a callcenter and grant the retailers request for funds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know tbh, I guess it depends on if they've already given the money to the company before you've cancelled? Might be a few days if they've already passed it on... maybe more

Literally cancelled it after 15mins. I'm pretty sure paypal is instant. so I'm guessing the money was taken out of my account right away. I cancelled and although my bank doesn't seem to have been charged i still think the money has theoretically gone and i'll have to wait to get it back.

sounds like you're on an account where by they don't expect you to be drawing a grand to an online retailer every couple days. Out of character spending they call it iirc.

I think the retailer who is trying to take your money will get a refferal and you're supposed to phone a callcenter and grant the retailers request for funds.

aye thats what happened last time. the call centre is awful so went to the bank and it was sorted in 5seconds. they weren't so helpful this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back