Port

• Thread starter Deleted member 30053
  • Start date
Never had it til I first visited Porto - revelation. Class with tonic and all

Heartily recommend this joint for a meal in Porto, still daydream about that french toast dessert Semea by Euskalduna - Porto restaurant - ViaMichelin

Best meal we had in Porto. In fact, best thing we did in Porto.

Didn’t really enjoy the city to be honest, was mega touristy and loads of stuff closed cos of covid, but that was a cracking lunch. Cheers!

Just checked my Monzo and when I’ve paid they’ve put the decimal point in the wrong place and none of us have noticed.

It’s only cost me £17.78.

Best meal we had in Porto. In fact, best thing we did in Porto.

Didn’t really enjoy the city to be honest, was mega touristy and loads of stuff closed cos of covid, but that was a cracking lunch. Cheers!

Just checked my Monzo and when I’ve paid they’ve put the decimal point in the wrong place and none of us have noticed.

It’s only cost me £17.78.

Lovely spot isn't it

And what a bonus that is... poor sods though

Only spent two nights in Porto myself but yes, it did seem to have the propensity to be rather touristy (there was actually a load of Scousers flooding the main drags as they were up v Porto) if you kept to the beaten track. I preferred Lisbon.

Seville at the weekend was shit hot on covid still and made things a tiny bit frustrating at times. Didn't affect my enjoyment of it on the whole, and it's their prerogative so can't be a minge about it.

Lovely spot isn't it

And what a bonus that is... poor sods though

Only spent two nights in Porto myself but yes, it did seem to have the propensity to be rather touristy (there was actually a load of Scousers flooding the main drags as they were up v Porto) if you kept to the beaten track. I preferred Lisbon.

Seville at the weekend was shit hot on covid still and made things a tiny bit frustrating at times. Didn't affect my enjoyment of it on the whole, and it's their prerogative so can't be a minge about it.

Aye fair enough. Seville is cracking but I don’t think I ate Spanish food for about 6 months after that trip.

Bloke who’s house I worked on collected them….

he a had a few bottles worth a grand each or so….no idea what they were called

Years ago I was in agony with stomach pains, instead of going to hospital I went to my local. The landlord Stan R.I.P. was an old boy who knew his stuff. He told me to have a port and brandy in the same glass. It was lovely and all my pain disappeared.
Serious stuff. I might have had more than one.

Years ago I was in agony with stomach pains, instead of going to hospital I went to my local. The landlord Stan R.I.P. was an old boy who knew his stuff. He told me to have a port and brandy in the same glass. It was lovely and all my pain disappeared.
Serious stuff. I might have had more than one.
Jesus! 😄

Back