Port of Sunderland

Seems to be doing really well with record cargo volumes coming in last year, hopefully it continues post-Brexit!

Also, I didn't realise it had been in operation for 300 years!

Port of Sunderland sees cargo imports soar

Impossible. Nissan will close, climate change will worsen and the queen will emigrate to Hungary. Stop fooling yourself.

Haway The Port.I loved working at South Dock on the trains and more or less living in The Welcome Tavern.

Not on your PNB I hope ? :-O

Impossible. Nissan will close, climate change will worsen and the queen will emigrate to Hungary. Stop fooling yourself.

Not on your PNB I hope ? :-O
We were always done before PNB kicked in.Only time it came into anything was if there was a couple of trains in TCT ahead of you.Onto control and will be late for PNB.Relief sent out in a taxi :)

In every way, there’s loads of opportunity for all North East ports at the moment.

UK Docks are an engineering company, the Port has its own stevedores.

Correct. My statement stands. If the lads who have been employed at UK Dock carrying out the refit and repair work have moved with the company to Boro and another company takes the facilities, who in Sunderland is available to do this work.
I’m very aware that this is a business within the Port and has not bearing on Port activities.

Correct. My statement stands. If the lads who have been employed at UK Dock carrying out the refit and repair work have moved with the company to Boro and another company takes the facilities, who in Sunderland is available to do this work.
I’m very aware that this is a business within the Port and has not bearing on Port activities.
Fair enough. But your statement wasn’t clear. There’s no one to do that work now, it has gone,but as the article says, the Port are talking to other similar businesses who may wish to take on those facilities, but I guess the workforce will have to travel from elsewhere or, the lads UK Docks apply for the new jobs in Sunderland. I doubt that will happen though, there are very few doing this kind of work now.

Last edited:
Fair enough. But your statement wasn’t clear. There’s no one to do that work now, it has gone,but as the article says, the Port are talking to other similar businesses who may wish to take on those facilities, but I guess the workforce will have to travel from elsewhere or, the lads UK Docks apply for the new jobs in Sunderland. I doubt that will happen though, there are very few doing this kind of work now.

I’m not interested in arguing about semantics. The article is about an engineering firm based in the Port. I didn’t realise I needed to relay this information again in my post. And your last sentence is exactly my point.

I’m not interested in arguing about semantics. The article is about an engineering firm based in the Port. I didn’t realise I needed to relay this information again in my post. And your last sentence is exactly my point.
I didn’t realise you were an absolute cock, with a pompous attitude. Otherwise I would not have replied in the first place. Lesson learned. Tit.

Back